Default Fork Antler??

What do you think?

"Fork" antler or not?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by n0g0d View Post
    What do you think?

"Fork" antler or not?
    Looks dead ,Does it matter now anyway ?
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Paddle bull, not legal in my opinion. What happened to that antler anyway? Looks like it broke off or something. On edit: I guess it would be legal if the other side was fork or spike
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

As to the regs I think it is legal. I'd shoot it.

Default Per the regs...

The regs say it has to be at least an inch long - check
    and that it has to be longer than it is wide - check

It does look like it was broken off, but I don't think that counts against you unless you were the one that did the breaking . I would say it's a shooter, but if the general consensus is no, than just wake the poor devil back up and send him on his way.

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

Default 100% legal

looks just like the one in the video F&G says is legal

Default here's the link

I watched the outdoor channel lat night in Kotz, and I learnd a new phrase for a fork horn as such; right after the "POW" echo's ended in the box they were shooting from and the figure at the feeder dropped, and the Big fat guy said to the little fat guy; " T'att's a gould Buck.....""

~~LOL!!~~
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

and that it has to be longer than it is wide - check
    There's the issue Almost all palms are longer than they are wide. The paddle bull I was looking at up north had one long spike like that one and a paddle that was bigger than the picture with no points coming off of it. Is it a paddle or a point?

Default Legal!!!!

Shot one similar a couple of years back. Game checked on the way home....no big deal.

Yep, it's legal.

He'd have been a dead bull if he had crossed my path in the woods this past week! Looks like he crossed someone elses path first though and so it goes...

The only way he's not legal is if he originally had 3 points and two had been broken off. The side used to determine legality cannot be broken or altered. New regulation due to certain areas of the state where many broken antlers were coming into Fish and Game.

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    The only way he's not legal is if he originally had 3 points and two had been broken off. The side used to determine legality cannot be broken or altered. New regulation due to certain areas of the state where many broken antlers were coming into Fish and Game.
    Unless things have changed this is only true in units 1B and portions of 1C. The rest of the state only requires that they are not altered prior to the completion of all salvage requirements.

I am however still not completely clear on the legality of a bull that broke off the palms and only left the broken main beam as a single "spike". My view is call it legal. I can't imagine this rare occurrence would present a significant impact on the big picture of game management. My view however may not be the view of the local enforcement officer

Default Yup

A lot of guys in 1B and 1C were magically shooting 2 browtiners with a broken "spike" on one side. For awhile it seemed like atleast one person in each camp was coming in with a bull with a "broken" antler making it legal. It was a good thing for them to stop that.

Kind of a gray area there, probably would have let this little fella pass, unless i was right up on him it would be hard to tell in the field what was going on with that broken area.......is it palmated? Guess you could make an argument either way.
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Paddle bull, not legal in my opinion. What happened to that antler anyway? Looks like it broke off or something. On edit: I guess it would be legal if the other side was fork or spike
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGAKSTUFF View Post
    Kind of a gray area there, probably would have let this little fella pass, unless i was right up on him it would be hard to tell in the field what was going on with that broken area.......is it palmated? Guess you could make an argument either way.
    Am I missing something here? You guys are calling the other palmated portion a "point"? I'd have to agree with Doug and Bigak. That doesn't look like a shooter to me. One tine is longer than it is wide, the other looks palmated and in no way is a tine. Pretty loose definition of a spike.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    Shot one similar a couple of years back. Game checked on the way home....no big deal.
    Maybe f&g is starting to screw up what's a fork and what isn't; like they seem to do with full curl rams?

Tim

I printed out the pic. See what the local F&G guys has to say. I'm really curious.

Default Edumacate Me...

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I printed out the pic. See what the local F&G guys has to say. I'm really curious.
    I'm curious too.

I agree with Doug. There is no way (imo) the area I circled or the area I put an "x" thru is longer than it is wide. I didn't do well in math or geometry but I can pretty much tell that doesn't fit the definition of a "point".

Tim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast