Thread: Kudos to Galco

Dillingham, AK

Default Kudos to Galco

At the end of moose season in GMU 17 I had a retention screw on my Galco D.A.O. come loose and the screw, grommet and retention rubber now reside somewhere in the Nushagak River basin. I called Galco about my problem realizing that I had failed to recheck the screw to make certain it is tight and secure. I received two replacement units (my reputation precedes me) in the mail today, same week service to Dillingham, free of charge. I realize that these pieces cost them mere pennies apiece, but the confidence I have in their service went up another notch and I wanted to let you on the forum know of this. Galco does not make the "best" holsters and leather products available, but they produce a high quality product and provide excellent service at a reasonable cost. I have several of their products and have complete trust in them; this recent event only serves to encourage my patronage of their products in the future.

FYI I always put a few drops of 242 Threadlocker on these screws, but Murphy with his proverbial rule reared its head. Needless to say I'll be more cautious in the future.

I've alway felt they were a very good maker with good service and I use their products.