Thread: Signature line issues

Default Signature line issues

Am I able to have both text and an image in my signature line? I have text, but can not get an image to be visible in my signature.

Thanks.

Default file size or image dimensions

Most likely reasons would be that the dimensions of the image are too large, or the size of the image file is too large (these are separate issues).

I can't currently see what the limits are; darn it, I thought they were posted on the page where you upload your sig image.... but no. So looks like you'll have to wait for a mod to chime in here with what those limits are.

I got it figured out. Looked at some language from another forum I'm on.

You need to upload the signature pic and then insert this language:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Gifs?

Are we allowed to put gifs in our sigs? If so how do you get it to work!?

Default Savin signature?

I just got my avatar up no problem but the signature doesn't seem to save?

trying it here anyway maybe it is up,

Ok yes it was, I went to some past posts to see and the avatar showed on them but not the signature, working now

Mods, is mine PC for the website? don't need to shake anybody up really, Thanks
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

kodiak - Yep, it's fine.

bowdy - Not to my knowledge. I've never tried to put a gif in my signature, though, so I'm not certain.

Default Avatar

I'm still trying to figure out how everything on the site works and am having a few problems. Can somebody help me out with the whole avatar thing. I did a search and none of the solutions seem to work for me. Can anybody tell me how to add an avatar? Use small words and pretend you are speaking to a 4th grader, or an old man please!

Question

Brian M

Are Regular members permitted to advertise/promote their business in their signature line, if they are not Forum Sponsors, Paid Advertisers, nor even Premium members ?

Thanks.

This is what it currently says in our forum rules:

Advertising and other commercial messages are not permitted in the other forums. However, if you sell a product or service, you may mention that as a secondary part of a message or in your signature. Website addresses are permitted in signatures, but banner ads are not.
    We are reviewing this rule, but for the time being such a practice is allowed. It may be disallowed in the future in deference to our paid sponsors, however.