Thread: Bear hunt trip in Prince William Sound next month

Default Bear hunt trip in Prince William Sound next month

I am planning my first black bear hunting trip in October to Valdez and Prince William Sound. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to go, things to bring, etc. I want to make sure I have everything I need. Thanks.

Boat based or camping on shore? Which ever you do, please pay very close attention to the weather. This time of year can be brutal and you can get into trouble very quickly.
    Rain gear, salt for hides, good glasses, extra socky because you are going to get wet.

Default PWS

Spent a few days in PWS last week, mostly around Pigot Bay and Esther Passage, saw a few bears up high, but not what I was expecting. Saw a couple salmon jumping, was some deer sign at both places. Had fun catching some fish. Good Luck!!!

Need more info than that to help you out. PWS is a great place for bear.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

we missed bear of east side of Esther 2 weeks ago. we will be back at it tomorrow but looking to go south hopefully find some deer. any suggestions

I will assume you have your own boat. If not and this a dropoff diy hunt then you are in for one hell of a experience. Good quality rain gear and and extra anchor if you are on a boat, same gear u would need for a walk in hunt, and again, good waterproof gear, tarp and a four season tent. If you are lucky the weather will be nice, Normally this time of year it is crazy out there in or out of a boat. If this is your first time going out in this area I would recommend going with someone that has done this before... not trying to discourage you, but it can and has taken lives. Make sure you have a sat phone.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.