Thread: Mystery Creek/Chickaloon

Default Mystery Creek/Chickaloon

Has anyone been in on the Mystery Creek Road to Chickaloon Flats this year? I haven't done this trip for several years and was wondering if the road is in about the same condition (passable, but barely so in a wet year).

Some buddies and I went all the way back to Big Indian Creek last week. The road had some pretty hairy spots especially crossing a pretty big Marshy area. The road was completely flooded and it was extremely difficult determining whether I was gonna be able to cross it or not. I have an F350 and the water was all the way up to my door in that area. I just threw into 4 Low and took it pretty slow. It took us about 3.5 - 4 hours to make it back that far. I hope you have better luck finding animals than we did. Didn't see any Moose, but saw lots of Bear sign. Good Luck!

Default Mystery Creek/Pipeline Road

Thanks jFreeze. I guess I can't remember ever going in there when the water wasn't close to or over the floorboards of my Jeep Cherokee. Don't have that vechicle now, but thinking of taking a Ford F150 in there in a couple weeks. Try to hit the goose migration. Anyone else been in there recently, or planning to go in?

Default Mystery Creek

The area just past the first airstrip is still very full of water. Stay in the water as it has a good solid base. You will be able to see where other people have TRIED to bypass it. Just before the lake is a pretty hairy spot with a shoefly that seems to get more tore up every year. If you don't have at least good mud tires and/or a winch, I wouldn't try it.

Default Mystery Creek road

Thanks Rob. That area just before the lake has always been a problem. Wish I had a more skookum rig!