Thread: How long do birds in Fairbanks...

Default How long do birds in Fairbanks...

...stick around? This is my first year duck hunting in Fairbanks. The season closes in December (as I'm sure you know) but how long do I have to actually hunt? Sorry for the novice question.....at least I'm not asking "WHERE" to hunt!
    Thanks for any info

depends on the weather....but usually mid to end of October....

Thanks for the quick reply!

Default this morning

was out this morning and there where still teal around had 5 in the decoys at 705 and they didnt want to stay around till shooting time did have 2 mallards come in got on and then another 6 teal buzzed the decoys and got 2 of them so 3 ducks in 1 hour and 30 minutes and missed a could more mallards. so there out there go get them o and this was all in the snow what a beautiful morning.

Matt

I went out this morning too. By the time I got to the back end of Creamers Field there were already 6 trucks there! Just kinda went driving and scouting from there. You're right, it was a beautiful morning!
    -Chris

Default This morning

well hit it again this morning not much flying at all. at 710 had 4 mallards land about 100 yards from us and saw nothing after that. so at 8 got up walked over two where we thought they where and bingo up they go. sorry shooting only one falls o well its hunting saw only a few other high fliers and only a few shots this morning. the snow yesturday might of did a big push out of here.

I have killed ducks around Fairbanks as late as the end of October but after that it is basically over around here. Drop me a pm if you wanna do some hunting.

Andrew

Unfortunately, my duck hunting may be over for the year. I am headed to Texas next week to do some shooting and by the time I get back I'm sure the weather will be a serious factor here.
    Too bad it's such a short season.......

Default quick hunt

well got out mid morning for a quick jump shoot well ended up 3 shots 3 ducks. 2 spoonies and a GWT. not bad for 30min of hunting.

matt

Not bad at all!