Thread: Big Sue

Default Big Sue

Just wonder what the water level was thinking about making one more run for the season. Look for a bear.. Thanks Mike

AK Mike 30,
    Just got back from a 150 mile round trip last Sunday night from Su / Yentna and should you be able read the water well you would not have any difficulties. There were a few riffles, but pretty easy to read them and we only hit the bottom going into the landing. Lot's of places we had to find a non typical path with low waters. With your boat I don't think you would have any issues as long as you can read the water. The water is the lowest I've seen this year, but that is to be exspected this time of year and the fall colors are BEAUTIFUL. Should you go, have fun, be safe and good luck with your hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Just wonder what the water level was thinking about making one more run for the season. Look for a bear.. Thanks Mike

hey thanks i was out there sunday ran down to the power line and then saw some snow geese and pretty much went to the mouth/ inlet. No geese thought shot at them about 50 times with my 12 but no luck them birds are hard to kill. The trip down was fine. Water is low thats for sure. Thin

Quote Originally Posted by AK LIVIN View Post
    AK Mike 30,
    Just got back from a 150 mile round trip last Sunday night from Su / Yentna and should you be able read the water well you would not have any difficulties. There were a few riffles, but pretty easy to read them and we only hit the bottom going into the landing. Lot's of places we had to find a non typical path with low waters. With your boat I don't think you would have any issues as long as you can read the water. The water is the lowest I've seen this year, but that is to be exspected this time of year and the fall colors are BEAUTIFUL. Should you go, have fun, be safe and good luck with your hunt.