Thread: Wobbler lures

Default Wobbler lures

I'm moving to Homer, AK within the month from southern WA upon where I've fished the Columbia River alot. During the fall seasons guys use wobbler lures aka: Alvins, Clancys, Simons, K-lures, and Brads. They're a flat piece of metal, oval shaped, and come in various colors. I wanna used if these kind of lures could be used anywhere in Alaska on any of it's rivers. I'm trying to decide if I should sell all of them down here for there would be no need to use them up there.

Thanks

Bring em up who's to say they won't work. A king is a king no matter what body of water they are in.

KLICKMAN

Fishing with them on the Columbia only works during the fall run, and kwik-fish are used during the spring run. I'm not that famliar with the Alaska kings as in if there are different runs of the fish or so and if only say bait and kwik-fish are only used. I hear what your saying and as you say it won;t hurt anything just as long I have single hooks on them, and I'm talking about mainly fishing the Kenai River for kings.

The only thing is there isn't the anchor fishing like you do on the columbia. If you can back troll them you should be in business. Kwikfish and eggs are the goto baits on the Kenai but there are other ways to catch them. Good luck hope to see you out there.

KLICKMAN

ive caught kings from homer to talkeetna, saltwater and fresh, on just about everything imaginable at one place/time or another. my go-to lures include vibraxes, mepps spinners, and wiggle warts....i think your wobblers would work good for trout and silvers but for kings i really couldnt tell ya as i have never used them. fishing the kenai i prefer to use a number 4 or 5 gold or green vibrax (where possible). orange can also be productive, and wiggle warts...also, the columbia is a MUCH bigger river than the kenai, which in most places isnt more than say 75 yards wide and it isnt very deep, but it does have a swift current.