Thread: Amsoil 0w40

Default Amsoil 0w40

Anybody been using this oil?I just put in my 450 Foreman,and now it down shifts hard,any thoughts.Thanks

Thumbs up Oil

I used Syth few years ago, same thing......went too semi syth 5-30 and had no probem!
    Alaska

I used 0w-40 Amsoil in my belt driven brute force for a solid year without any problems. I also tried 20w-50 for my vtwin but soon switched to the 0w-40 Amsoil for the cold weather starts. While using the 0w-40 my cold blooded dual cylinder gas sucking beast would start in temps that were down right frigid without a bump in the road, that would be in the -30*F temps . Now I am running 10w-40 Syn Mobil1 motor cycle oil, which seems to keep the temps down but the cold weather starts are not as good as when I used the Amsoil. I switched to Mobil 1 because I can buy it at the local auto store and I do not have to drive all the way out to Anchorage hoping the dealer would be open.

Default OIL

Thanks,found out that honda's dont like syn.guess i'll pull it back out and throw it in the lawnmower.

Default Honda

My 88 Foreman and 94 Kawaski don't like the syth either.......the semi syth work fine 5W30.
    Alaska

Thumbs up Clutch

It has something to do with the clutch, both mine are manual transmission......shift alot better with semi or straight 5W30.
    Alaska