Thread: glenn side of knik

Default glenn side of knik

I thought I'd ask here since F&G is closed for the evening. I have been wondering if you can hunt the area between the glenn and knik river? I looked in the regs and cant find anything specific to the area I am thinking, unless I just overlooked it. I did go to Bartlett after all!! lol
    Is it included with the Hay flats regs? Everytime I drive by there on my way into town for things I always see birds in there, but I never thought to ask F&G til today.

I guess you are talking about the marsh from the Eklutna over pass to the knik bridge? If that is it you can hunt it if you have permission from the Eklutna Village Corporation since they own that land. It is one of the few spots along the glenn that they don't have posted with signs every 200 feet. I guess they can't afford fence posts and prefer to nail signs to trees.

its not posted because they dont own it...the State does. As far as hunting there...check the regs - there are restrictions.

Actually we are both wrong.

Poking around on the BLM spatial data site shows it as selected by a village which is what I based my reply on. However.....

I did some poking around on the State's Alaska Mapper site and noted the area was marked as "reconveyed" under an "agreement or settlement". I looked up the ADL case number 214666 from the map, and found as of 11/2006 it is all owned by the City of Anchorage. They were given almost 15,500 acres by the state in the "north Anchorage land agreement" deal.

The land deals up here keep on getting stranger.

Default That land

The land that you are talking about is owned by the Heritage Land Bank, but may be managed by Eklutna. Eklutna will not give out any land use permits for hunting or trapping and the exact words told to me by the land manager when I asked was "Because people like you trashed it" ???? Wow! I guess thats a big NO on the permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nain View Post
    "Because people like you trashed it"
    Assuming "people like you" means non native and not permit holders.

I looked at the HLB mapping stuff on their website and this area is not something that the HLB says it owns or manages. It would make sense that if the City has been given the land from the State that they would transfer it to the HLB to protect it.

The HLB mapping system states that it is AK DOT land, it does not show parcels, but does list them out, however it sounds like they are between the highway and the RR easments and not the marsh.

The State DNR mapping system says that it is Anchorage land as of 11/2006 based on conveyance documentation.

The BLM mapping system says that is it village selected land but does not provide any documentation.

I am glad that this is all cleared up.

Default okie dokie

Well I'm kinda sorry I even thought about it now!!lol