Thread: Completely unrealistic question, but...

Default Completely unrealistic question, but...

...I'm trying to find a decent dog at a pretty low price. Times are kinda tight right now, but I'd really like to get a dog to train between now and next year. I want to wait until next year to get a pup out of a really good breeding. I really don't want to wait another year until I have a lab running around my house, though. Here's my plan, I'm trying to find a cheap, but registered dog, that I can train between now and then and sell it as a started gun dog to help finance the new pup. Nothing flashy, but a solid retriever for someone who has no desire to run in FT/HT and wants a dog to hunt with. I know sometimes breeders don't place all their pups and sell them at lower prices as they get older, and sometimes people know people who bought a dog and gave it to their sister who just had a kid and the dog's gotta go, etc. etc. etc. Basically, I'm not wanting to spend an arm and a leg, but I'd really like to have a dog to train and keep MY training solid between now and then. If anyone has anything remotely fitting this situation or knows of anything, please let me know.

Fairbanks, Alaska

I saw some older pups on recently. I'd give that a shot. They were going for around $300 which is cheap for a registered pup. Just a thought.