Thread: Anyone seen Taylor?

Question Anyone seen Taylor?

Anyone stop by and see how Marc is doing on his DM922 hunt? He took the Wiggybago so he shouldn't be hard to spot. Kind of curious how he is doing since we haven't heard from him in almost 2 weeks. He is hunting south of Coldfoot.

Default Heading up on Saturday

If he's still around this weekend I'll keep my eye out for him. We're heading up on Saturday to try our luck.

I saw the Wiggybago up off the South Fork of the Koyokuk last week. I couldn't help myself and wrote all over his van...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default as of yesterday........

Marc's van is still parked there.

Any sign that he connected? Meat, antlers??

Whoa...That's a long trip. He was there on the 12th or 13th..I don't remember which. Anymore grafitti on that truck Montana?

Season closes the 25th so he will probably be back on the 26 or 27th. Not good that he is still out there, hopefully he'll fill that tag soon, if not, he'll be 0 for 2 on that tag.

Well, I'm 0 for 1, but I learned a lot this year. I definately have a plan for the next time I draw this tag.

Smile no one was adding to the message board

He is one brave dude, taking a vehicle everyone in alaska will notice, leaving it where it is so easy to find. Especially when he talks so much crap. lol.

Maybe he thought he could sell some Wiggy bags while he was out hunting, then he can write it all off on his taxes.........

Talking Taylor here...

Montana Boy -- You know there's nothing but love for me! Crap talking is what it's all about!

Thanks for the notes on the van, guys! Really made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Congrat's to Tim Thomas on his 54 incher! Stoked for ya, bud!

No bull this trip... either. Passed on one at 45 yards on DAY ONE, morning ONE. Called him right into camp. Looking back, I should have done more than video him. He was 50-ish. Saw a bigger one later that evening and spent the next two weeks trying to track him down. In vain.

Details later. I'm still trying to catch up at work.

Hate mail, you see... ;-P

Love you guys too!

Fab Taylor

-[]------->

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    Tim Thomas on his 54 incher! Stoked for ya, bud!
    Tim Thomas of the ABA?

Fab Taylor? I think you're going to have to stick with FOB Taylor....sounds more 'manly'

Default Moose

Thanks Marc as you know it was a hard hunt. I am very happy with the bull I got. Really old and heavy mass.

Default Dm 922

I've hunted that Tag before...Kanuti River!

That river was more like a stream, with just a trickle in it when I was passing through.

But "NOTED".

Taylor

-[]------->

I've been on the Kanuti when it was up and running, if you go down a bit too far, you need a motor to get back up it. We did it in a 19 ft Grumman squareback canoe and an 8 horse motor, glad we turned around when we did or we might not have made it back out. Some fast water when the river is up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    I've been on the Kanuti when it was up and running, if you go down a bit too far, you need a motor to get back up it. We did it in a 19 ft Grumman squareback canoe and an 8 horse motor, glad we turned around when we did or we might not have made it back out. Some fast water when the river is up a bit.
    I have been down it twice, the first time in a coleman canoe with no motor and two of us, went 5 miles down river then had a fun time lining it back up river. The next year we took a square back coleman and an old merc and had a much easier time getting back up river. Both times I went the river was more of a trickle yet still had great grayling and pike fishing. I did find a john boat way up the bank the first time around with a note about high water boulders and some accident with a Fairbanks phone number. Gave the guy a call when we got back to town and seems they ran it in flood stage to go duck hunting but had some issues with boulders and taking on water coming back up river. Beautiful area and one I would like to float down further one of these days.