Thread: Missing/Lost Shotgun

Default Missing/Lost Shotgun

I came home without my shotgun last Saturday and am hoping to get it back. I was at the Palmer Hay Flats-- the shotgun was left in the parking lot.

It's a Semi-Auto Beretta with simulated-wood synthetic stock.

If anyone has any information, please call 907.227.4542.

Thanks,

Tyler

Default Which Parkin Lot?

Not sure where you accessed the flats from but there was a sign at Rabbit Slough that indicated someone had found a firearm. There was a telephone number on the sign.

Quote Originally Posted by tjames View Post
    Firearm found Saturday 8-8-09 at Rabbit Slough. If its yours describe it and I'll get it back to you.
    this was the original post about a firearm found.

dates are wrong to be the same gun...you people have trouble managing your weapons.

mics_54 you have trouble managing your tone don't ya, do you have any idea how derogatory "you people" sounds?

well let me clear up your misconception...if you left a fire arm at a public parking facility, you are a "you people" and it isn't as derogatory as it should be. If you don't agree that people that leave firearms laying around in public places shouldn't own them perhaps you could explain to me why you think they should. Had I found it..he wouldn't get it back except from the Alaska State Troopers.
    It appears by the two separate threads regarding different firearms LEFT at apparently the SAME area in a two month period of time that a few people need a responsible baby sitter with whom they can hunt.

Harsh?

easy guys...people make mistakes! Leave it at that!

I have never left a firearm some place, but I have left plenty of other stuff places. To whit: I started a thread not much more than a month ago on the fishing forums for a fly rod and reel I left at the Bird Creek parking lot. I returned 45 minutes later to find it gone. I have long since stopped doubting that I will not see that equipment again. I guess I need a baby sitter. Are you offering your services?

I'm thinking Mr. Williams probably does not need anybody to give him grief about leaving his firearm behind. He has a missing Beretta that is doing that more effectively than anybody else he knows, much less someone whom he does not. I empathize with him, as being forgetful can be a pretty cruel vice. There is no really effective way to counteract it.

I sincerely hope your gun surfaces, Tyler.

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

My hunting buddy got back to his car and set his rifle on his trunk, to make the story short it fell off and passed him on the Parks highway, he told me at the time he couldn't figure out what was sliding up the road. What luck he didn't loose his rifle, things just happen and people forget. Hope someone honest found these weapons and returns them to the rightful owners!
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Harsh, arrogant, you pick. Definitely enough to put ya on the list of people I don't want to know! If I had an item you left someplace I would do whatever I could reasonably do to get it back to you including spend or use up not just a little of my resources if thatís what was needed. People who can get in a hurry and forget a weapon have just as much right to own one as you? Whacked

Guess I'm lucky. I only forget stuff at home. But never my gun and ammo. I do have a buddy that left a bunch of stuff of mine at the little su boat launch once, (I thought he loaded it) Got back after a 1 hour round trip and it was still there. Good thing everything was in trash bags. No one messes with trash

Harsh, arrogant, you pick. Definitely enough to put ya on the list of people I don't want to know! If I had an item you left someplace I would do whatever I could reasonably do to get it back to you including spend or use up not just a little of my resources if thatís what was needed. People who can get in a hurry and forget a weapon have just as much right to own one as you? Whacked
    Ok...so you think it's ok to leave a weapon in a public place unattended. And you don't want to know me because I don't think it's ok. I can live with that. Unfortunately, the increasing tendency for governmental agencies to further limit liberties concerning firearms ownership are fueled by events occurring due to negligence and "forgetfulness" such as these. I have to wonder at what point would the forgetfulness becomes "not ok" and causes concern, in your opinion. Was the shotgun unloaded? Or did the owner..uh..previous owner..forget to do that too? Would it be ok if the shotgun had been found by some kid and somebody got shot?

Accidental injuries and deaths from firearms are statistically decreasing in the US even though ownership steadily increases due mainly to efforts made by proponents of gun ownership to educate owners in safe firearm use. If we don't police ourselves, some one else will.

If you don't agree with any of this...go lose your gun.

mics, you might want to reconsider the supercilious attitude when your signature is your business website link.

HH

This is getting a bit out of hand. Yes he shouldn't have lost his shotgun, but people are human and make mistakes. I applaud him for fessing up to his mistake and trying every avenue for finding his shotgun. So let's please not make a bad situation worse and quit making him feel worse than I'm sure he already feels. If anyone saw it please let him know. Other than that I'd say we've already beaten this dead horse enough.