Thread: delta this weekend?

Default delta this weekend?

So would it be to late to go down and still have a good time chasing geese this weekend? Still trying to make the trip ugg..kinda hoping this crap weather will start pushing some mallards around, to bad I forgot the dang shotgun today ugg!

Well heres your report for Delta.....buddy and I went down this past Friday took 6 crane, went back Saturday with 3 buddies and took 12 crane and ended up going back Sunday by myself and took 3 crane and 3 mallards. I then went back yesterday to the same spot and there was nothing at all...seems all the crane have left and didnt see a single goose....I dont think the geese are in yet and the crane have just left....good luck to you...Ill be back again Saturday and give another report in the evening...

thanks bts...I have a section of land, a few decs (finally) and a lay down blind I can borrow. Should be fun regardless...if this caribou migration doesnt get me first

well shoot me a pm and maybe we can linkup this weekend to do some killin......

I'll drop ya a line if I'm goind down to delta...may be headed up north for caribou this weekend. Should know in a few hours!

Default Birds have taken flight

Bad news fellas went out scouting last night to the few feilds that were holding geese and cranes and there was nothing. I noticed a big push two days ago before the storm came through today. A few cranes flying today,but few and far between. It has been a weird year.

it has been weird, I was laying in one of those fields yesterday for hours and not a thing came in.....Did have one flock of crane come over but my modified cant shoot 4 miles into the air so I didnt even try...I just think the birds are late like the fish were this year....well lets just hope so....see you all on Saturday, if ya see deeks and a silver dodge or a Red F150 that say Quack Kills...its me

black 2000 tacoma with a black camper shell is mine...

got word today caribou partner is backing out...again! gotta love it.

So delta is on. Have friday and sat, if you see a guy floating clearwater in a small inflatable "kayak" fly rod in one hand, shotgun in the other and a few dec's with some burlap sacs in the back..that'd be me . And hopefully a goose will cooperate for a good goose dinner on 'the farm'

got stuck in town today ugg...buddies didnt get back from their bou hunt till 530 this morning, they were suppoed to be home last nite. OH well, hope you had fun! I've gotta get back to work tomorrow, ugg!

The Birds are gone for the most part here!!!

Default geese

had spome friends head down there today got one crane saw a few geese but they just flew right over so none for them looks like its closing dont for geese here in the interior. good luck all and bust them ducks.

Matt

just got back from delta....plenty of birds in delta just gotta know where to go....

bts, wish I could have gone...ended up catering to my buddies yesterday..just back from the airport. Might try some ducks and fishing next weekend.....fri/sat