Thread: Local pack frame builder

Default Local pack frame builder

There was someone on these forums that was in the process of building a god solid packframe but cannot remember who he was. I busted the main part of my Cabelas frame about 4 inches up from the bottom on the left tube and I need a replacement. I'd like to have a Barneys but they are out of my price range. Anyone remember who he is??

I think it was RickP...he had pics of one he had built or built himself for pennies on the dollar...can't really recall...

I believe you are correct, appreciate that kahahawi.

Just an FYI but your Cabelas bag will likely fit on a Barney's frame for $285. And at the momment they are waiting on a shipment of belts to make more, so they are giving a 10% discount on frames or pack combos prepaid in full (at least they were, so double check). I don't know if it's still out of your price range, but a prepaid frame at 10% discount would be $256.50. Not peanuts, but perhaps more doable.

Brett

I think RickP was using an old CampTrails freighter frame. He just made his own packs. Said he was going to try and sell a few. Have to ask him.

Brett, any idea of when they are going to receive their belts? I might have to stop by and get one of those frames.

I'll be there this evening. Just call thought to see when they're coming in if they haven't already. I haven't worked for a while, so they may have come in already.

Brett

The parts are in. Frames are back to $285.

Brett