Thread: Leica Ultravid HD 10x42s feild test

Default Leica Ultravid HD 10x42s feild test

I bought a pair recently and used them this last weekend black bear hunting on the Kenai Pen. And all I have to say is.....WOW!!!! If you can swing it get them. They're worth the money. Bar NONE best bino out there!!!! Extremely bright and clear even in low light or foggy/rainy conditions. I spotted several bears from very far away at the tops of mountains with ease. One was during a rain storm sunday. I'm very impressed!!!!

Brett

I whole heartedly agree!!! I don't have 'em, but dearly covet some.

So would it be safe to say the Geovids HD would be just as good? I compared the ELs, SLCs, and Non HD Geovids the other day and preferred the EL, SLC and Non Geovids in that order. Haven't found a place that carries the HD Geovids to take a look through yet. The Non HD Geovids seemed to have a blue tint to them I didn't care for.

I've looked through the Ultravid HDs and Geovid HDs and they are both as bright and clear as can be. I like the ELs better than the SCLs for sure, but either the Geovid HDs or the Ultravid HDs win hands down!!! Leica has the best thing going for binnos at the momment. For range finders too for that matter. Supposedly top end HD Kowas are the best thing going for spotting scopes though. Leica and Swarovski are hard to tell on the spotting scopes though. I've looked through both side by side and they're both great.

Brett