Thread: Rugers sights

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Default Rugers sights

Hello all,

I ran into a problem while home on leave from Afghanistan in August.

Two of my new Rugers are shooting high. I have a Stainless Blackhawk 45LC w/4 5/8th inch barrel and a MKIII 22 w/6 1/2 barrel. Both guns are shooting high at 25 yards with the rear sights raised as high as they will adjust. Prior to adjusting them they were extremely high, over a foot and a half each. The 45 is shooting approximately eight inches high now and the 22 about four.

When I return from Afghanistan this winter, I plan on buying and installing taller rear sights to correct the point of impact. Does anyone know of a store that carries replacement sights for Rugers in Anchorage? Or a good websight to order from?

BTW, I had another sight issue two years ago with a Ruger youth model 10/22, the rear sight set screw would not stay tight, it kept coming loose allowing the rear sight to slide left or right. I had to use a tiny drop of thread lock on it to control it.

From these experiences, I am feeling disappointed in the quality of factory installed sights coming from Ruger. My older Rugers never gave me any issues at all. Anyone else seeing any issues?

You have front sights that are your problem. You went backwards on your rear sight you should have it bottomed out.The rear sight is moved in the dirrection you want the bullet to go. Ruger sells a couple front sights so you can get your gun shooting right. About a month ago we had another long thread on this same problem with another 45colt Ruger

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...hlight=45+colt

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Hello all,

I ran into a problem while home on leave from Afghanistan in August.

BTW, I had another sight issue two years ago with a Ruger youth model 10/22, the rear sight set screw would not stay tight, it kept coming loose allowing the rear sight to slide left or right. I had to use a tiny drop of thread lock on it to control it.

From these experiences, I am feeling disappointed in the quality of factory installed sights coming from Ruger. My older Rugers never gave me any issues at all. Anyone else seeing any issues?
    Never a bad idea to use thread locker on sight screws regardless who made the sight or the gun.