Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 seat UTV

Default 4 seat UTV

Ok no one replied to my other post , So has anyone seen this 4 seat UTV ? Or know of someone that has one ? Might look into this UTV more then the 4 seat mule

http://gokartsusa.com/roketauv-03autilityvehicle.aspx
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Thumbs down I would stay away!

Who is going to work on it when it breaks? Forget about that thing and the mule. If you want a UTV with multiple seating positions then look no further than the Polaris Ranger Crew. It seats six, and has the Polaris stamp on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kort View Post
    has the Polaris stamp on it.
    Thats why I will not buy it ! Out of my 20 week tour season my Polaris guide bike ( It is for sale 2007 $2800 ) was in the shop for 14 weeks total. Thats why I only run Yamaha's. Polaris has been nothing but headaches. But thanks for the suggestion

Specs:

• 500cc CFMOTO Engine, Liquid-Cooled, 4-stroke
    • 70+ mph ...
    • Payload: 865 lbs
    • Ground Clearance: 7.2"
    • Dimensions: 102" length x 50" width x 47" height
    • Wheelbase: 83"
    • Vehicle Weight: 684lbs ...

Admittedly, I've never seen nor driven one. However, something about these specs just doesn't seem right.

- 500 cc for a 4 passenger vehicle--I doubt you'll have any power left once it's loaded.
    - 70+ mph--Not with a 500cc pushing such a large front end/windscreen. Maybe it can reach 70 mph in freefall.
    - 7.2 inches of ground clearance (probably unloaded--plan on loosing an inch or two when loaded), and an 83 inch wheelbase. This thing will bottom out on anything besides a graded gravel road--forget trail riding.
    - 47 inch height. You'd better be short if you hope to fit in this. Take away the 7 inches of ground clearance, and a few more inches for the floor frame and roof, and you've got less than 3 feet to sit in--and it looks like the seat is easily more than a foot off the floor.
    - 684 lbs. PULEEZE! That weight is typical for a 500cc single-seater ATV. The Polaris Rzr weighs close to 1,000 lbs empty, the Rhino a few hundred more pounds (both before you start adding accessories...). I'll bet the Polaris Ranger with 2 row seating weighs over 1500 lbs. Maybe they meant 684 kg (which would be closer to 1500 lbs). Or it's made of incredibly cheap light weight materials (for that price you're not getting any exotic alloys), which won't stand up to anything.

the above is correct... I aown the rzr and think about the size... of you vehicle compared to the rzr..

They both have the same 50" width..lol
    and length at 102"

If you try to fit 4 seats in the rzr it would be the biggest joke looking clown car..

it's a cheap crap knock of chinese junk vehicle.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Just looking for something for next season any input is welcome ,I need 3 -4 seat UTVs ,Polaris is off the list I don't care if they give me one I'll give it back. Have not heard to much about the Mule ,Yamaha still does not know if they are going to have a 4 seat Rhino in 2010 or not. My options are far and few. And these will not be going off road only graded roads and will not go over 30 mph.

FAIL --- graded roads... no off road.. shoooooot get a Ford..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default Husqvarna

I'm sorry to hear that you had a lemon Polaris, but it was just a lemon. I've owned a few Polaris's and never had any troubles. I wouldn't trade my Ranger for anything. If I had to I would look at the Husqvarna HUV4421XL. Check their site out, spendy but I guarantee these machines will last.
    http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landowne...specifications

What was it about your Polaris that turned your stomach? Ive got an 08 Ranger, over 1000 miles and absolutely no issues whatsoever, other than what I've broken.

Unless you go Joyner or Polaris Crew, your stuck with a 2 seater w/ cage kit and rear seat.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Just looking for something for next season any input is welcome ,I need 3 -4 seat UTVs ,Polaris is off the list I don't care if they give me one I'll give it back. Have not heard to much about the Mule ,Yamaha still does not know if they are going to have a 4 seat Rhino in 2010 or not. My options are far and few. And these will not be going off road only graded roads and will not go over 30 mph.
    If you really want to run the Rhino is adding a seat to the rear bed an option for you? I added a removable seat to mine that works great. I still have full use of the bed when the seat is removed. It takes about 3 minutes to remove the seat with my set up. I have had it installed for about a year with zero issues. Just something to think about.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    What was it about your Polaris that turned your stomach?
    Where 2 start ?
    Bought it new in 07 1 week later the plastic under the seat caught on fire melted the entire right side of bike. No heat shield Polaris knew that but said no recalls.

2.Another week later all I mean "ALL" the rubber bushings on the bike dry rotted and fell off ? Again Polars said they knew !!!!

3. Another week later starter broke ,Took it back they rebuilt it not replace it !!!!!

4. week later same thing Bendix broke. This was Oct. 1 I took it home parked it for winter come spring......

5.(SPRING) Rode to mail box starter broke !!!!! Called Polaris Answer Oh well warranty is over we can replace it $350.

6. Had it replaced 2 weeks later starter broke took out almost everything in there $800 later got it back only to have the starter go out again.

7.Any way to date 12 starters I have been thru.

This summer in the shop every week 5 starters ,2 Stators,2 flywheels, main brain, Radiator fan switch ,Pull cord broke 3 times,

And you wonder why I hate POLARIS!!!!!

Before you say I got a lemon the 6x6 I have for plowing the exact same thing has happened to it 3 starters this summer

Did I mention I have an 07 Polaris Sportsman 450 for sale $2600 runs great (As of now) I refuse to start it up except to sell it

Roger-

My question would be, why didn't you get rid of it long ago?
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    Roger-

My question would be, why didn't you get rid of it long ago?
    x2....

I'm thinkin on my 3rd or so starter, I'd have shaken that thing for something else.

This whole "I hate x brand" mentality because you got a lemon is really dumb to me. If they were all that bad, the'd have been outta business long ago. ALL manufacturers stuff breaks down, you're not safe anywhere, its just part of the game...

Every year has/had it's inherent issues. Taking everything into account you definitely had a lemon, part of that was your dealer and how they decided to handle the issues. **** does happen, they all have their problems but I can assure you not all Rangers run like that. Hell every time I forded deep rushing water my upper ebrake switch would get wet and put the motor into limp mode, **** happens.

I know 10 other guys with Rangers and haven't come close to those issues, all are 08 or newer, though. I'm not brand loyal by any means, but given the way I run mine and how it's responded, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another and I'd easily pass up on any other brand, hands down.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Here's a couple cool 4 seat RZRs. The second one is much better, IMO...

I have to echo some of the sentiments on here. I've been riding Polaris snowmachines for as long as I can remember. I've always had great machines, from a 1978 Polaris Cobra to my 2003 700 RMK.

And then, I purchased a new 2006 Polaris 900 Fusion. Those familiar with the snowmachine world probably know the history of the 900. The motor only lasted in production for 2 years (2005/2006). The first season I went through 10 belts (at $90 a pop). I installed aftermarket push arms and torque arms, at the Dealer's recommendation, and that did slightly help the belt issue (although I was still going through them more than I should). After only 500-600 miles, the motor blew and I had to replace the right piston and cylinder. Shortly after the motor was rebuilt and full service was performed, I participated in my 3rd Tok to Dawson run. 100 miles into the trip, my chaincase literally exploded, leaving me stranded in -55 below temps. While fixing the chaincase, I had them drop a tooth in the gearing. This seemed to have completely solved my belt issue. Since that experience, I've only had to replace an exhaust sensor. Ever since it has been a great sled with an amazing amount of power.

My point is that I've owned 5-6 different Polaris sleds and all of them have been great, except for my last purchase. However, when I'm in the market for a new one, Polaris will be the first brand I consider. Call it brand loyalty, but even with my latest bad experience, I've had an overall good track record with the quality of machines and the dealers I've used to service them.

I wouldn't let one bad experience completely turn you away, especially considering that the brand you refuse to consider quite possibly has the best product you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    x2....

I'm thinkin on my 3rd or so starter, I'd have shaken that thing for something else.

This whole "I hate x brand" mentality because you got a lemon is really dumb to me. If they were all that bad, the'd have been outta business long ago. ALL manufacturers stuff breaks down, you're not safe anywhere, its just part of the game...
    I think the defining factor here was not the brand but the lack of support from the local dealer behind the brand. That happens all the time where you hear of people that won't buy something because the dealer sucks on support.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I think the defining factor here was not the brand but the lack of support from the local dealer behind the brand. That happens all the time where you hear of people that won't buy something because the dealer sucks on support.
    Roger,

Who was your dealer? I'll bite - part of your problems could be your dealer..I've had my fair share of piss poor service from some folks.

Shoot me a PM of who you go through, I may be able to provide some insight and make a recommendation for the future.

Man, I'm guessing his dealer was HP/AK....but I can't belive they'd treat him like that there...unless he was reciprocating a 'bad vibe'. But then again, I wouldn't be the happiest camper either...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast