Thread: model 700 Sendero...

Red face model 700 Sendero...

Is this gun as accurate as Remington makes it sound...????? Right from the box..??? Anybody have any thoughts on what may be close or surpasse this gun...<dollar for dollar>...sure sounds good....
    Any advice or thoughts are appreciated...the gun would be for moose and elk...thinking maybe a 300 or 338 ultra mag..shots out to 400-500 yds..Iam getting an interest in long range hunting and shooting.

Boomer.

I don't own one, but my hunting pard does. I've shot it a bit at the range, and his most definitely lives up to the claims. He only shoots factory loads, but turns in groups that get the attention of reloaders. Kinda heavy to pack in the field with a lot of scope for LR shooting, but he thinks it's worth it.

Question model 700 Sendero

Do you recall what caliber it is chambered in....??
    Does the stock destribute the recoil evenly...

Boomer

Default who would have believed it

.264 win mag is one caliber. I guess dead is never really dead as far as ammo goes.

My hunting pardner's is in 300 Win Mag. Stock design seems ideal for a mag from what I can tell.

I has the rifle in a 300 RUM and it was very accurate. What got to me was the weight. Take a look at the XCR if you are going to be carrying it a lot. They are accurate and hold up well in bad weather. Not as heavy a barrel and stock but more of a field hunting rifle.

I own several remingtons, including a sendero SF in 300 RUM. I handload, so this may not apply to factory loads, but I easily get under 1/2 MOA. I have shot 3.5 " groups out at 600 yards.

If I ever sell one of my hi-dollar rifles, (the unfired Shiloh Sharps or the M1-A shorty) I will run out and buy a Sendero in 300 win mag. Well maybe a Rem PSS in 300 win mag or 300 RUM,,,, well maybe the sendero....

Default 300 Win Mag, Sendero

I have a 300 Win Mag Sendero that I'm interested in selling. I own mostly Remington’s and have been very happy with the Sendero. The one I have is also ported, which makes the kick minimal. If you are interested or have any other questions let me know. Yes, the gun is very accurate, I was consistently shooting 3” groups at 300 and that wasn’t from a bench.

Default Sendero

I own 2, a 300 weatherby and a 308. Both are less than moa guns. I also owned a 7mag, that I traded after acquiring the 300 it also was very accurate.