Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another proud Dad

Default Another proud Dad

My 15 year old daughter Paisley drew a tag for any bull in the twenty mile/placer river drainages. We took a small jet boat up the placer river four weekends in a row. The first three trips helped us to learn the area. Friday the 18th we headed up the river after school. 15 min into are trip we saw a cow duck into the brush in a spot that we knew was a large swamp. We parked our boat on the next bend and walked through the alders a few feet until we could see the swamp. We glassed for a second and could see three cows. I grunted a couple of times and scraped the brush and instantly we could hear a bull answer and he sounded close. We made our way into the swap and got behind a small patch of alders and called a little more. It didn’t take long and a 42” three brow tine bull stuck his head out of the alders about 30 yards away from us but two of his lady friends got between him and us. We called a little more and he walked past the cows and gave us a perfect 30 yard broadside look. Without hesitation Paisley raised her 7mm-08 rugger ranch riffle and dropped him with a single shot to the heart. We got him cut up and packed to the boat which was less than 200 yards away but it was dark by then and we didn’t want to travel on the river in the dark so we spent the night on a gravel bar and came down river at first light. The next day we brought 520lbs of meat to the processor. The old saying is true, “If you take your kids hunting you will never have to hunt for your kids”.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Congrats

Nicely Done. Good story and good memories.

Awesome !! Well done! Let's get those kids out in the field !!

That is great. Looking at picture, you can tell she was excited! I put in for same draw.... NO luck. Good job!

Pride - I know that feeling. Good job and congratulations to both of you for a job well done.
    Last edited by rambling raven; 09-21-2009 at 15:45. Reason: oops

Good start to a long hunting life
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Very good indeed.Its great to find so many good families on this forum.

So that's why I didn't draw that tag!!

Great shooting on her part, and kudos to you for getting her love for the outdoors going early!

Congratulations on the success of the hunt and taking your daughter. Isn't it great! May you have a hunting partner for life.

Default Great!

Thanks for sharing! That is simply awesome! Congrats to you and your daughter on a great trip!

Default Keep a shotgun by the door

OUTSTANDING! just a warning from one who knows. You are going to have to keep a shotgun by the door to keep the boys away. A fine looking young lady that likes to and can hunt is hard to find!!

congrats we should all take our kids hunting my 9 year old loves going maybe next year hell score on a moose but we had a great time this yearing trying.

Congrat's to both of you. There is nothing like the feeling of sharing a harvest with your children. I remember the whitetails my sons took and I also remember the ones they missed. I always encourgaged them and told them that not everyone can be like dad and never miss Both are very fond memories I will hopefully never forget.

Congratulations Dad, congratulations Paisley. You've obviously done well giving her a solid foundation to grow upon in life.

Default Sweet memories

Good on you both!

Congratulations.............but I would never post pics on this site of my daughter if she was that pretty. Now every young hunter on here will be knocking on your door! I sure hope they don't find out her phone number!!
    :-)
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

what are you getting at here martentrapper?

Thank you all for your complements and positive comments. I have had the shotgun loaded for some time now. It also helps that I am a teacher at the high school were she is a student. My classroom photo wall of dead animals acts as a good deterrent to potential suitors LOL. Seriously though, I have been a teacher for ten years and it has been my experience that young men who are in touch with the outdoors are generally the kind of boys I would want my daughter to associate with. Especially if they are supercub pilots or taxidermist

Default Lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by AKteach View Post
    Thank you all for your complements and positive comments. I have had the shotgun loaded for some time now. It also helps that I am a teacher at the high school were she is a student. My classroom photo wall of dead animals acts as a good deterrent to potential suitors LOL. Seriously though, I have been a teacher for ten years and it has been my experience that young men who are in touch with the outdoors are generally the kind of boys I would want my daughter to associate with. Especially if they are supercub pilots or taxidermist
    I have 4 daughters that hunt and think the same thing and I teach also! Most of the boys that know me are fairly "scared"!

Don't settle for anything less than a son in law who is both a cub pilot and a taxi!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast