Thread: 358Win Ready - final sight in

Default 358Win Ready - final sight in

Went to the range to day to make sure my 358Win was ready to go and here is my sight-in group. My Mississippi Thumper "Mr. Magic" is ready.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

nice groups, but we need pics of the gun!

Here are two links to my work with this rifle posted on this forum
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=61073
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=62540

THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

This has been a real consistent rifle and cartridge.

Five shot group
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Three shot group (best group fired with this rifle)

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Smile

Thats a shooten gun for sure but any miss is on you now

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Thats a shooten gun for sure but any miss is on you now
    Isn't that the truth
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

I hit 2450fps with 45.0grs of TAC using the 225gr sierra, fed210M, win brass in my 20.5" barrel. I got a 5 shot group of 1.00" and a std.-dev. of 2.00 so I stopped there. Now I will back off say 2.0 grs and start working up using the 225 gr partition. This would be my anything larger than deer load and should give that 300 yard pluse 1900fps for my all purpose load.

Found for my deer load 44.2grs of H322 gave me 5/8" CC group at 2460-70fps. This is my 200 yard and under deer load. 44.8grs yeilded 2520fps and in time will play with the OCL to see what it may do. This is with the 200gr spire point and so far am just crimpping on the cannlure but I have at least .020" to play with if I still want to crimp it.

Anyone use the sierra 225gr on game and realy like its terminal performance? On Deer black bear, elk, moose etc..

Quote Originally Posted by tjen View Post
    I hit 2450fps with 45.0grs of TAC using the 225gr sierra, fed210M, win brass in my 20.5" barrel. I got a 5 shot group of 1.00" and a std.-dev. of 2.00 so I stopped there. Now I will back off say 2.0 grs and start working up using the 225 gr partition. This would be my anything larger than deer load and should give that 300 yard pluse 1900fps for my all purpose load.

Found for my deer load 44.2grs of H322 gave me 5/8" CC group at 2460-70fps. This is my 200 yard and under deer load. 44.8grs yeilded 2520fps and in time will play with the OCL to see what it may do. This is with the 200gr spire point and so far am just crimpping on the cannlure but I have at least .020" to play with if I still want to crimp it.

Anyone use the sierra 225gr on game and realy like its terminal performance? On Deer black bear, elk, moose etc..
    I used it on game in my 35 Whelen on hog, white tail. Never collected one, they were all clean pass through shots. Did collect the game though and all died on the spot except on deer which ran 20 paces.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS