Thread: Need your help in developing a new SAR airboat

Question Need your help in developing a new SAR airboat

Hey guys, I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could give me your input on search and rescue airboats. Help us by being a part in making SAR better for all of us. Please go here to answer survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...ZSLgIf9Q_3d_3d

Your help is greatly appreciated.

No need for big showy surveys, no need to develop something that's allready out there. Get to know the folks at Alaska Air boat in Wasilla who already do quite a bit of this sort of thing. You can't dream up anything they havn't already tried. (probably 20 years ago!)
    Mike

Where are you located? In a lot of cases airboats become a big expensive toy for a department and receive little use in relationship to their cost.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I know it isn't the Fairbanks SAR group. We have no need of our own airboat, we'll borrow one if it is required. I'm wondering if it is an outside group looking for additional information.

Looking at the survey it looks like a company looking for design ideas. Our rescue department decided a long time ago that using experienced commercial opperations was far safer than using our own guys and our own boats.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Husky Nattiq

I think this the best airboat there is. Call city of Kotzebue for their realworld all season experiences with this thing. I wanted one, but they cost too much for a private individual to buy............

http://www.huskyairboats.com/