Thread: Bought an RMK, need a little help

Default Bought an RMK, need a little help

Hi all, just picked up a sweet 1996 Ultra RMK, looks real nice. I've not had a Polaris before, so I wanted to see if any of you had an owner's manual for this model/year of machine.
    I already downloaded the service manual, so I don't need that - I want the user book so I can have the setup complete!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd be happy to pay for a scan copy or original.

Cheers,
    Dave Curtis
    ddcurtis@ilovealaska.net

Lightbulb Maybe????

Check with the guys at ERPAC. Eagle River Polaris Arctic Cat!
    They got a 1999 RMK manual for me.
    1-888-738-8555
    Good Luck!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ValdezGuns View Post
    Hi all, just picked up a sweet 1996 Ultra RMK, looks real nice. I've not had a Polaris before, so I wanted to see if any of you had an owner's manual for this model/year of machine.
    I already downloaded the service manual, so I don't need that - I want the user book so I can have the setup complete!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd be happy to pay for a scan copy or original.

Cheers,
    Dave Curtis
    ddcurtis@ilovealaska.net
    Pol didn't build an Ultra RMK. Someone long-tracked it. I'll email you the info you need.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    Pol didn't build an Ultra RMK. Someone long-tracked it. I'll email you the info you need.

Not true!!!! I bought a 1996 Ultra rmk brand new in snow checked in 95. I will dig in the shop, I bet I still have the owners manual. I really does not tell you much of anything useful. Any questions shoot away. I know my way around that sled pretty well. Another site to check out is snowest.com. Very good site and alot of us Ak guys on there as well. Alot of good people and a wealth of sled knowledge.

Yeah, it's a factory setup - that's been verified by doing a serial number search, plus the Ultra RMK is listed in the 1996-1998 shop manual.

theUltrarider, if you have that manual let me know! I know it's not an important document, I'm just one of those guys who likes to have ALL the correct original things to go with my rides. I had a 1956 Zundapp Bella scooter at one time, and found an original owner's book from an old German guy in Argentina (ex Nazi?). I eventually sold the scooter to a museum in Tokyo and they couldn't believe I had the book!

Anyway, I'll check those sources, but if you see one let me know.

Snow's a-comin!

Well slap me silly! And I have the '96-'98 service manual too.

What set-up info do you need? I had a '97 Ultra SPX SE which would be near the same thing. You should be able to glean what you need from the service manual. I have noticed the manuals used to be written very well, with loads of good info, they are rather sparse now.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I bought a very clean 94 XLT in '02 and picked up Clymer service manual which also covered 96/97 model years. If you're not familiar, Clymer is like a Chilton's manual.

It's not really any setup info I want, the service manual that I already have covers everything in detail.
    Think collecting...like having the full set of baseball cards from a particular season when your favorite team won the championship. For me, part of the fun with any motorized craft is having all the original paperwork, sometimes even down to the original bill of sale! I've had dozens of motorcycles, quads and boats that I've collected the full set of original documents for - just a minor obsession of mine.
    Hell, I even have all the original owner's manuals for all my tools, cameras, shop equipment, etc~ Yeah, I'm a freak, I know...

Default Manuals

I have had great luck finding original stuff at http://www.alssnowmobile.com/
    Good luck collecting

Thanx for the tip, they had the book! And contrary to some comments, I think the user guide is QUITE valuable for a newbie sledder like myself. Some of the suspension setup stuff is very new, since my background is 2 wheeled motocross bikes. The guide goes into detail about theory, geometry and setup, very valuable data.
    Thanx again, happy trails!

Quote Originally Posted by ValdezGuns View Post
    Thanx for the tip, they had the book! And contrary to some comments, I think the user guide is QUITE valuable for a newbie sledder like myself. Some of the suspension setup stuff is very new, since my background is 2 wheeled motocross bikes. The guide goes into detail about theory, geometry and setup, very valuable data.
    Thanx again, happy trails!
    I'm glad you found the book Valdez. I have looked for mine and never did come up with it. I found them for several other rigs I no longer have LOL. I am bbetting it is still around here somewhere.