Thread: water pump drain tube?

Default water pump drain tube?

I have an 09 Yamaha rhino and for the last two trips i have lost radiator fluid somewhere. Started it up and just let it run on trailer and tonight it showed me where its coming out at. Seems to be a drain hose from water pump? the drain hose end is right next to the gas tank and goes back under engine area and when i looked up Yamaha parts diagrahm im guessing this is the hose because it looks like it?

Any suggestions why radiator fluid is dripping out from this area.

Thanks in advance

Not certain on the Yamaha but on alot of other machines coolant coming out of that hole means the seals/bearings on the water pump have let go.

Default thanks for reply

Talked to Yamaha last week and he said to call them this week about bringing it in. Called them Tues early and told them i can bring it in to get it checked out. Now they tell me there a week out so dont bring it in till the 6th. Why didnt they put me on the schedule when i talked to them last week for this week? DUH

Hind sights 20/20, mayebe i should become a doctor and attach peoples behinds to their face so they can see forward in time. No Charge!

Sometimes i wonder if im the guy that never gets good service, so on the average everyone else does?

Back to the seals/bearings on the water pump have let go. Thats sounds about right. If i was them i would be ordering a new water pump so they dont have to tell me its going to take another week for parts.