Thread: 11th hour bull

Default 11th hour bull

SHORT WHILE AGO son called he had just shot a moose at dark....59-3/4 incher YAHOO.
    unable to get it with his bow and with fading light used rifle to put meat in freezer,
    after the season he has had he earned it.( see threads in bowhunting section about haul road hunt :-( and other about horseback moose hunt)
    4th moose in his 4 years back hunting one of them with a bow. after 20+ years break in his hunting.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Congradulations to your son. Did Mike get his as well? Sure wish I could have made it up there.

Man that is a true blessing, after all ya'll been through this year! Congrats to you and your son. Me and my pregnant better half are headed up to try our hand at caribou and put some meat in the freezer. Only in Alaska will you find a woman willing to drive 16 hours to help butcher a caribou to fill the freezer. God bless this great state! Again, congrats!

thanx guys
    the ultrarider- mike did not but 2 nights ago his friend from AR got a 50 incher, 3 brow tines. so 2 moose for the 4 hunters (2/6 if you count beth and i in there last week .....not 4 for 4 like last year. but still pretty darn good.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Sounds like a great bull tell your son congrats.

Default wow very unique set of antlers

My son got in from field at midnight last night.
    few picture taken at the house, too late to get his field photos.

shorter right palm with alot of extra growth off back of the palm. right side appears to have double (??pedicles, not sure of term ) base but only one grew can see part of it on 2nd and 3rd pictures
    extra growth area also had major lateral point broke off so should have measured wider.
    left main beam has a little of a dip typical for 60+ inch racks, right main beam is straight but actually more rectangular than circular.

It is a very interesting rack congrats on a bull with a lot of character to it. I've seen that same characteristic on the bulls right side on bulls on the kenai peninsula as well.

Wow, that is one of the most unique moose I've ever seen. I'm not much for mounting most animals, but something like that would find a special place on my wall. Very, very cool.

Yes that is a very unique rack, something about them moose down there nucular activity or something. Remember the post last fall the bull with the goffy 2 foot long hoves
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Default Field pictures

DLP BEAR

Default great job

Wow! That is an awesome moose. I love the character on that thing. That bear looks big too. Great hunt.