Thread: Electra Dyne pot hauler

Default Electra Dyne pot hauler

Anyone know what these units weigh? Just the unit itself..no davit. At least one inquiring mind wants to know...Thanks

Default puller weight

Mine was 65# when it arrived, I thinned down the backing plate to have a cleaner set up one in place. This did little if anything for the weight as that plate is alum. That big beefy DC motor and the Boston gear box are where the weight is.
    Mike

Thanks! Trying to guesstimate shipping charges...my brother in Bangor has located a couple used units that are supposed to be in good shape.

Default Check with Steve

Goes by "Potbuilder" on this forum. He sells electra-dyne pullers and is in close contact with the manufacturers. I'm sure he would have stats and info that would help you out.

akshrimppots@mtaonline

907-775-1692

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Gary W. View Post
    Goes by "Potbuilder" on this forum. He sells electra-dyne pullers and is in close contact with the manufacturers. I'm sure he would have stats and info that would help you out.

akshrimppots@mtaonline

907-775-1692
    Thanks, Gary W. I've called Steve but keep missing him but will try again...I expect Alasgun has him out searching for the ultimate pot fabric with mechanical morphing capabilities to attract, capture, dehead, devein and prebundle shrimp for a 10P vacuum sealable receptacle all before the pot breaks surface water...What the heck...It could happen...lol

Hey i'm back and found some new goodies for next season. Spent almost 2 days at the Electra Dyne factory it was a real pleasure meeting with those folks.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Care to share any of the new goodies you found for us "shrimpin junkies" ?

Default Goodies???

Potbuilder, do some of the goodies include an aluminum open block? I ruined another one of the composite ones. First pull. Had to take it apart and "rebuild " it too.

Hi Jerry,
    Yup that was first priority finding a good block at a fair price! I found a all American made block that i know will work and last a long time. PM me your email and i'll send you some pictures of it.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Default oh-boy! Steve's postin agin.

I will seek the answer to the obvious question upon returning from work tomorrow.
    Better yet, it's getting to be the time of year for breakfast, i'll giva a call mid week.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    Anyone know what these units weigh? Just the unit itself..no davit. At least one inquiring mind wants to know...Thanks
    Gary,
    Mike has already answered the weight question, yes aprox 65lbs. I spent a couple of days with the folks that build the Electra Dyne's on the trip i just returned from and although not written in stone a new style of ED the "alaskan model" is in the works, pretty much a draw it on some scrap paper design for now but we're working on it. One thing i know is it will be the same motor & gearbox thats for sure. Another thing we discussed is for one of the folks from ED to be at the Sportsmans show in Anchorage this spring so all questions would be answered from the guy that builds/rebuilds them.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Sounds like you had a productive trip. I'm headed out of state for a few days...will give you a shout when I get back about ordering some gear.

Did that "alaskan model" ever come to forwishen. would like to purchase a puller and davit from you. jlgrams@hotmail.com.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredlgrams View Post
    Did that "alaskan model" ever come to forwishen. would like to purchase a puller and davit from you. jlgrams@hotmail.com.
    The "alaskan model" was more of a davit design than anything to do with the hauler itself. The design never really caught on but my latest davit/hauler set up has worked out well mounted on many different style/models of boats. alaskashrimppots.com
    email akshrimppots@mtaonline.net

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692