Thread: kids are happy

Default kids are happy

Well its been a rough ride so far but finally it happened. Got home on the 13 from another deployment and been out hunting with the kids twice in the past week. Never for very long but wow do they like to go and blowing the duck calls and just spending time with them is all that really matters. well today momma wanted to take a nap so we loaded up in search of moose or ducks headed out of town and stopped by on of the local ponds and didnt see anything me and the boy headed to the river and see if anything was on there.

Well nothing again. So we headed back to the car and were goin to move on. Just as we where to pull away i saw a flicker of a wing. I had saw these ducks but thought they where rocks. Well time to piut the stalk on them while the kids watched. Got to with in 20 meters and up they go BANG BANG BANG. A TRIPLE ON MALLARDS. I know it was jump shooting but hey the kids enjoyed it. Maybe heading out in the morning to tose some deeks and sit and get some in the face action. Well good luck to all that are still out hunting and take your kids hunting they will never forget it.

Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome! Did they watch you clean them? Took my boy hunting, but he is just under three and doesn't have the capability to be quiet yet, but i know what you mean about being able to hunt with your kids.
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

My boy simon likes it so much he will get up at five with enthusiasm. been hunting with me for four years now. caribou,moose,fowl he don't care and bad weather doesn't shake him no man could ask for a better hunting partner and he is only six He can't pack much though.

Default ducks

Well yes my oldest watched me clean them the boy wanted to see his momma since he has been with her a year. But he was with me on the first stalk so he likes it just looses consentration fast good luck to all and jhoppe to get back out soon

those pictures are great I don't think you could get bigger smiles on your kids.