Thread: Scott Jets - Jet Boats

Default Scott Jets - Jet Boats

I understand there are a few of the Scott Jets in Alaska now - Any one on here have one or have experience with them? Looking to upgrade down the road and weighing all the available options and would like to hear of any frst hand experiences with that brand.

Quote Originally Posted by rambling raven View Post
    I understand there are a few of the Scott Jets in Alaska now - Any one on here have one or have experience with them? Looking to upgrade down the road and weighing all the available options and would like to hear of any frst hand experiences with that brand.
    A friend in town had one installed on his Jetcraft Extreme Shallow - and it didn't last long, the silt (Tanana) tore it up pretty quick. Good performance before it was wallowed out, but durability was an issue. I can ask him if it's OK to hand out his cell number if you want to talk to him directly about his experiences with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan XL View Post
    A friend in town had one installed on his Jetcraft Extreme Shallow.
    Think you might be talking about a Scott trim nozzle as where the original poster is talking about a Scott pump.

Member chriso has been running one for a season or two, you might drop him a pm.

Check out this thread - http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=36728

Thanks - I will drop him a line.

I am curious about the nozzle and impeller options as well as that is another possibility for an upgrade.

Default www.meanchicken.net

There is a guy on this forum: www.meanchicken.net. his name is "swampswimmingshrek" and he bought the Scott upgraded impellors for his 3 stage and hasnt been able to shut up about it since. (some folks think he married Scotts daughter or something!) Anyway, he's posted a lot of stuff about how his performance improved, and I'm sure he'd be happy to visit with you on the phone or whatever.

Also, the Scott distributor (Jeff Schlagle of Schlagle Marine) frequents that board as well and will usually respond pretty quickly to a PM or post.

I've not had my hands on a 3 stage with the Scott's in it, but my 8 1/2" Scott has really impressed me.

Any chance you'll be coming to the anchorage area this fall yet? I get home Sept 29 if you want to take mine for a spin.

I dont think you could go wrong with the Scott, and for my purposes, it is well worth the increase in price over other pumps out there.

What are you upgrading from? The Scott is not a direct fit if replacing a Hamliton. The intakes are a little smaller, can't remember the transom deal but I think that was ok????

Scott does not make an impeller upgrade for Hammies. The nozzle with interchangeable sleeves and trimability is suppose to help. I was thinking about doing mine. $$$$$$$

Default web site?

Do they have a web site to veiw there stuff???

Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    What are you upgrading from? The Scott is not a direct fit if replacing a Hamliton. The intakes are a little smaller, can't remember the transom deal but I think that was ok????

Scott does not make an impeller upgrade for Hammies. The nozzle with interchangeable sleeves and trimability is suppose to help. I was thinking about doing mine. $$$$$$$
    They do make direct replacement impellers for 3 stage Hamiltons or Kodiak along with a couple nozzle choices. If I have the room to swap the current 3 stage out for one of the others (Scott or 212) it will involve a trip to the welder / fabricator and the bank.

They do make direct replacement impellers for 3 stage Hamiltons or Kodiak along with a couple nozzle choices. If I have the room to swap the current 3 stage out for one of the others (Scott or 212) it will involve a trip to the welder / fabricator and the bank.
    Sorry about that I forgot the 212 when I said Hamilton......3 stage Hammies/Kodiaks have impellers available.