Thread: Seward this Saturday

Default Seward this Saturday

So the wife and I are thinking about Seward this Saturday for butts, lings, and rocks. Seems like silvers are pretty much over. Anyway, question is that I can pretty much catch rocks without a problem. I had a little luck with butts but none with lings. I'ved tried fishing rock piles and deep but all I catch is rockfish. Once I catch my limit I feel the need to move on but I would really like to get into a ling or two. Any suggestions on how to target lings.

Also, we just recently got this boat so I've never been out of Seward. Any suggestions on where to go? I've heard Ailiak Island, Chat Island, Day Harbor. Any others? If anyone is going to be down there let me know. Would be good to meet a few fellow boaters. Just ask for 'No Bananas'.

I heard of a few silvers being caught in sunny cove, trolling. The weather is supposed to be nasty this weekend so you might not make it to far. check the forecast. for zone 120 and 121.
    For lings- we have always done fairly well out by Matuska or in Driftwood. Gotta make sure your outta the bay. The SE side of pilot rock is outside the bay and have heard of a few lings being taken there. For lings we fish about 100-150 on any big steep rock pile seems like the ones that go from really deep to shallow are the best. Also have caught a few big halibut jigging for lings here.

Not sure how long you'll be down here but ill be out on monday and tuesday, so give lil dipper a call on 16 or send me a PM and let me know how you did.

We'll do. Last I checked today and Saturday were supposed to be nice. Saturday night a Sunday, pretty nasty. So we are only going down for the day. I was hoping to go tonight and tomorrow but couldn't convince the wifey to do it. Ahhh well, at least we're going fishin.

I'll shoot you a note with a report when we get back. Thanks for the help.