Thread: Rx Sport optics in ANC

Default Rx Sport optics in ANC

I posted a thread on this several months ago in the GD forum. I got some good suggestions but of course now I can't find it...

I am looking for a shop in Anc where I can get an eye exam and a good set of prescription sport optics. I am looking for something like Bolle, Oakley, or perhaps Ray Ban.

Default I'm far from an expert on this but...

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I posted a thread on this several months ago in the GD forum. I got some good suggestions but of course now I can't find it...

I am looking for a shop in Anc where I can get an eye exam and a good set of prescription sport optics. I am looking for something like Bolle, Oakley, or perhaps Ray Ban.
    Seeings how you aint got a whole lot of response so far

I was trying to orchestrate a large purchase for our safety locker about a year back and even though we eventually went directly with Oakley, there was an outfit on the second floor of the Dimond Center that was really helpful who we would have gone with except for several of our people live in the lower 48 and we were able accomodate them better by going directly with Oakley.

Anyway, I cant actually vouch for them as having purchased through them, but they were very informative and seemed pretty squared away when we were considering them. Good luck.

LuJon, I think the eye doctor in the BX on Elmendorf does. If you have access to it, give them a look. If not, find out what the store name is and see if they have a place in town. It's like Lens Express or something like that.

Default Ak Eye Care-Wasilla

did fine on a pair of Wiley-X with ballistic lenses for me after I had my eye exam done here in ER this year. Walked in with Rx, signed in, waited maybe 15 mins, got fitted, order completed then 1-2 wks later as I recall, I had my sunglasses.

I'm sure Ak Eye Care could have done the exam too.