Thread: Game ears

Default Game ears

What the best game ear to get ? My sight is good but being an airboat captain my hearing is going down hill
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I use the walkers brand which is basically an ear plug with a microphone. My hearing is fine right now, but I use them so that I can keep it that way. What I like about the plug vs the muffs is that you can wear a hat over them when it's cold out. When it's hot, they keep you cooler than muffs. There also easier to pack.

Whe hunting open country, I usually just keep a set of standard plugs hanging around my neck since I'll probably have plenty of time to set up my shot.

The walkers come with one electonic ear plug and one standard one that goes in the other ear. This makes it tough to tell the direction of a sound so I recommend a second one for the other ear. They do a decent job of amplifying sound as well.

Do you have the Ultra or the HD ?
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Don't remember for sure, but it is the cheaper model (I think i paid $119). Rather than buying a second one, I bought a set of ear plugs with a mechanical diaphram that closes during a loud impulse sound like a gunshot to put in the other ear. That way I can have both ears protected and still tell the direction of a sound. The mecahnical plugs don't work as well as the walkers, but they only cost $6 for a set.