Thread: Hamilton 770 Vernier Wedge

Default Hamilton 770 Vernier Wedge

Anyone know where I can find a wedge for my nozzle? Trying to get a little more down thrust on my 771.

Also, does anyone know how to tell what direction the nozzle is installed? I read that you can rotate it 180 and get more top end instead of lift.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPaladin View Post
    Anyone know where I can find a wedge for my nozzle? Trying to get a little more down thrust on my 771.

Also, does anyone know how to tell what direction the nozzle is installed? I read that you can rotate it 180 and get more top end instead of lift.

Thanks!
    I turned my 180* and it picked the front way up and will propoise if you do not have your weight forward when running wide open.

I like it much better then before. Lost very little holeshot, handles better, and runs shallow water better.

I did get it into a sticky spot one time right after changing the nozzle and was worried about losing the holeshot. I pulled the boat into a hole about the size of the boat where it would float, point the nose up stream and in less then the length of the boat put it back on step and back into a channnel to recover.

Turn it over you won't be sorry. It's a cost nothing upgrade.

Unfortunately my holeshot isn't that short. Seems to take a bit to get up on step for me. It will porpoise with just me in the boat and no gear in the front and just my backpack in the back with me. So I think it may have been flipped already. I just don't know how to exactly tell for sure.

The amount of change is so little it is hard to tell, but does make a huge differance in the profile of the way the boat runs.

From what you are saying about the porpoising I am going to say it was flipped. Flip it and take it for a run it does not take long to do and only requires a couple of basic hand tools to accomplish.

As far as the short holeshot. Some of it was due to water flow the rest was because the water got shallow fast so the bottom helped to nose it over real quick. That's the secret for getting on step when loaded a little heavy. Get going down river and find some shallower water to help coax it up on step. Just make sure it's not too shallow and then stay on step till destination or you dump off some of that weight.