Thread: BB Guns through Canada

Default BB Guns through Canada

What are the rules for bb and pellet guns through Canada? Thanks!

Default Nope

I believe they are the same as a any other firearm. In Canada pretty much if it has a trigger you have to register it or have a permit for it.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default BB/Pellet Guns

From the book: Muzzle Velocity

[ Other barreled weapons, such as pellet guns, may be considered as non-restricted or restricted firearms if they meet the legal definition of a firearm and have a muzzle velocity of more than 152.4 metres (500 ft.) per second. Owners of such firearms have to meet all import, license, registration and authorization requirements for non-restricted firearms.

If the muzzle velocity of a weapon is 152.4 (500 ft.) per second or less, the weapon may still, technically, be a firearm. However, owners of such weapons do not need a firearms license, the weapons do not have to be registered, and owners do not need an authorization to transport such a weapon for importation purposes. ]

I transported eleven long guns through Canada 5 weeks ago. One was a bb/pellet gun, it has a muzzel velocity of 880 ft. per second, so, for this reason I had to list it on the Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Form (CAFC 909) and (CAFC 910). It cost $25.00 total, (not $25.00 for each long gun) and the authorization is good for 60 days.

BG
    BG

Another question. BB's and pellets, are they fine to bring through, no tariff? Also I know handgun ammo is a no-no, but what about rifle and shotgun ammo? Yeah sorry guys but I am full of questions. Thanks!