Thread: Quartz and Crescent or surrounding

Default Quartz and Crescent or surrounding

Im looking at fishing Quartz and Crescent creek but Im not sure where to start. Ive seen a few people fishing from the highway and they appear to know what they are doing because they usually hide their fly or beads. Ive also heard that where they creeks enter the kenai produces well. Im not looking for flies or patterns or anything, just location.

Default Quartz

On quartz you can park at any of the pull offs along the road and follow the trails down to the creek. Make noise while you're walking through to let the bears know you are there. It is a pretty easy stream to get around. Haven't heard about the fishing recently but I was down there a few weeks ago and did well on beads. To get to the outlet into Kenai lake follow Quartz creek road until you cross a bridge over the creek.

Fishing is fairly tough. Just got back and caught some fish but they are getting pretty torn up (torn mouths and beads hanging from faces) and educated to beads. Didn't try anything different but should have.

It is done at Quartz.... Sure you can catch fish but there are plenty of better easier places. I love that little creek, my avatar was caught there.
    I am not against the flippin kenai, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering every other stream... ~Paul O'Neil~/~Wyo2AK~

Aren't most of the big dollys in Quartz Creek probably up stream spawning by now?

Quartz Creek above the Sterling Highway bridge closed to fishing on September 15th. Isn't that closure so that the dollys can spawn up there?

The dollies will be finishing up with spawning very soon and heading back out to a better place (lake) to over winter. I would fish the mouth with Kenai Lake into mid-October and expect to catch dollies and the odd 'bow, as well as silvers. Good luck.