Thread: GARMIN TR-1 Gold Marine Autopilot

Default GARMIN TR-1 Gold Marine Autopilot

Who uses one of these on their boat for trolling?

Explain the best uses you have found for it and how it works (i.e., how does it work to control the rpms on a manual tiller engine, etc.?).

Thanks....jim

You might want to post your question on http://www.meanchicken.net there seems to be a lot of people using them in the northwest on their jet boats.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

I'm very interested! I would love to find out more inforamtion related to this topic. Thanks in advance.
    me too, I need more detailed info

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffhanger View Post
    Who uses one of these on their boat for trolling?

Explain the best uses you have found for it and how it works (i.e., how does it work to control the rpms on a manual tiller engine, etc.?).

Thanks....jim
    I have one on my 2359 Trophy running a Merc 9.9 Pro Kicker, I would give it a 6 out of 10, doesn't seem to track real... I believe my Gyro Ball is wacko and needs replaced, Garmin of course will gladly do this for a mere $400 bones. I constantly have to correct the heading even in calm water and if the wind is blowing your in trouble. As far as your question about RPM's the unit works great at holding the RPM's and you never have to correct them.