Thread: kimber mauser

Default kimber mauser

Im thinking about getting a used but good cond Kimber mauser in .338. The trigger has a mile of pull on it. Then it kinda hits bottom and is ready to let go. Is this kinda the norm or a lemon?

Kimber Mauser? a 96 in 338? or a 98?

I've heard varied reports of these- some good and some bad. I believe Kimber of Oregon rebarreled and synthetic stocked some Mausers as part of the last gasp of that organization and sent them out the door at a low$ price to generate some capital. The two I've seen still had mliitary triggers (that mile of pull thing) on them.

Not to be confused with the Kimber of America outfit currently based in NY.

Bottom line- if the price is right I'd take it. It'll either work or can be made to work pretty reasonable. Trigger job or replacement shouldn't be bad at all.

Default 338

In the 90's Kimber revamped a lot of surplus 98s and they offered them in 338 WM. They did use the mil. trigger as well. They were a very servicable firearm with a little TLC. Nearly all were equipped with a injection moulded plastic stock, don't remember the stock brand (ATI I think).
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

It has the plastic stock and a stanless fluted barrel. Im sure its the 98