Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: ETHICS of shooting out of the cabin Window.....????

  1. #1

    Default ETHICS of shooting out of the cabin Window.....????

    It seems that ETHICS threads are all the vogue at the moment. So, Is it more ethical to open the cabin door and shoot, or is it OK to shoot out of the cabin window........Can one ethically shoot while only dressed in under shorts, or should one be properly attired......???

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,448

    Default

    BANG! Would be my response. Moose fills the freezer!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    96

    Default Depends...

    I would have to check the regs, but I think it is ok to shoot without a shirt, but pantless shooting is unacceptable.

    With the window/door thing, is it a slide open window or a crank open, because that makes a difference.

    Shooting out the door is ok as long as the animal is at least 20 yards from the cabin (and you have pants on).

  4. #4

    Default

    Under the fair chase clause shooting out of a cabin is un ethical. It must only be out of a tent to be eligible for the head hunters hall of fame. Thats where the one with the biggest head wins.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    bristol bay
    Posts
    19

    Default cabin window

    Just do not spill your coffee

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Maryland, wishing it was AK
    Posts
    56

    Default

    If that window is the bathroom window it is most definitely ethical. Additionally if such act is performed while taking care of other very important business. You will be entered into the record books

  7. #7
    Member hodgeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Delta Junction AK
    Posts
    4,055

    Default

    no shoes, no shirt, no... wait, wrong topic.

    I took a whitetail once from the bedroom window at the wee break of dawn... bad form in that my wife was dead asleep in the bed and unaware I was about to crank one off. I don't think "unethical" was one of the names she called me but there were sure so many I can't be totally sure of that.

    Also have a best friend that popped a moose naked one morning after walking out of the tent to relieve himself. "Unethical" would have went through his mind if the 180gr hadn't got there first.

  8. #8

    Default Let me ponder this one?

    I'm not sure if its ethical but I have the screens out of the windows in case I need to make a judgement call?

  9. #9
    Member Huntress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there.....
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    But then again, I'd have to take it one step further and ask what gender is the shooter?



    Quote Originally Posted by Here's to Life! View Post
    I would have to check the regs, but I think it is ok to shoot without a shirt, but pantless shooting is unacceptable.

    With the window/door thing, is it a slide open window or a crank open, because that makes a difference.

    Shooting out the door is ok as long as the animal is at least 20 yards from the cabin (and you have pants on).
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    But then again, I'd have to take it one step further and ask what gender is the shooter?

    Regardless of gender.....ALL EQUIPMENT SHOULD BE SECURED PRIOR TO FIREING.......

  11. #11
    Member cjustinm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kotz
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    yes all is ethical except you MUST be wearing pants or be prepared to pay for your neighbors therapy after they look out and see you jumping up and down naked over the top of a dead moose. this should be amended into fish and game law immediately as i found no such topic about having to be clothed or not.

  12. #12

    Default ethical or unethical

    Saw a picture of a guy shooting from his hot tub. Which would that be?

  13. #13
    Member thewhop2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,366

    Talking OK, I confess

    20 years ago, I was hunting hitchinbrook and felt nature was a calling me. Leaned my rifle and TP roll on branches next to where I was squatting. Low and behold, a huge 4x4 deer came running towards me @ 60 yards while I was attending to my business. Looked at the tp and the rifle, it was a tough call. To this day, I have a roll of TP sitting on the right side of the horns, on my parents wall in New york. Even won the big buck contest and a rifle because of him. He field dressed at 160 lbs. Freaken huge for PWS.
    So, was I un ethical? Maybe. Would I do it again? You betcha!!!! Hang me from the highest tree, to quote Roger Miller.

  14. #14
    Member B-radford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    653

    Default

    What about from your outhouse window while in the seated position?????

  15. #15

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    But then again, I'd have to take it one step further and ask what gender is the shooter?
    ? - If there is any possibility there is a "wrong" way - it surely has to be man! (See - forty years of marriage HAS taught me something!)

    Anonymous (Ak)

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wantj43 View Post
    ? - If there is any possibility there is a "wrong" way - it surely has to be man! (See - forty years of marriage HAS taught me something!)

    Anonymous (Ak)

    Well NOW we know who wears the Hip'boots in your family......

  17. #17
    Member Huntress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there.....
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Joe, your wife is one lucky woman.....Of course my hubby would have said the only acceptable gender shooting minus clothes would be a woman (he'd probably add insult to injury by adding that she's blond and tan).......



    Quote Originally Posted by wantj43 View Post
    ? - If there is any possibility there is a "wrong" way - it surely has to be man! (See - forty years of marriage HAS taught me something!)

    Anonymous (Ak)
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    20 years ago, I was hunting hitchinbrook and felt nature was a calling me. Leaned my rifle and TP roll on branches next to where I was squatting. Low and behold, a huge 4x4 deer came running towards me @ 60 yards while I was attending to my business. Looked at the tp and the rifle, it was a tough call. To this day, I have a roll of TP sitting on the right side of the horns, on my parents wall in New york. Even won the big buck contest and a rifle because of him. He field dressed at 160 lbs. Freaken huge for PWS.
    So, was I un ethical? Maybe. Would I do it again? You betcha!!!! Hang me from the highest tree, to quote Roger Miller.

    Been there and done that

  19. #19
    Member ACNDHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    wasilla
    Posts
    408

    Default Been there and done that

    Yup here too, only it turned into a double header day. First one while takin care of paperwork, had to pull up my pants to run and get him out of the creek before he floated away. Field dressed him and found a second buck a half hour later.
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

  20. #20

    Default Well

    It's OK to shoot out of the cabin window just remember to open it first; A "FRIEND" of mine didn't and it was my window !! TALK about noisy !!
    As far as wearing clothes , they are optional. You just can apply to Boone and Crockett for trophy status. They're gonna want to know what you shot this animal with if you had your pants off; Want to try and explain that to the 3 litle old blue haired ladies on the committee?
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

    On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •