Thread: Looking for a book!

Default Looking for a book!

I have looked everywhere with no luck.... Does anybody have Do-it-yourself Black Bear Baiting & Hunting (2001 Edition) (Aug 1, 2001) by Dr. Ken Nordberg? If so are you willing to part with it or sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by headicide View Post
    I have looked everywhere with no luck.... Does anybody have Do-it-yourself Black Bear Baiting & Hunting (2001 Edition) (Aug 1, 2001) by Dr. Ken Nordberg? If so are you willing to part with it or sell it?
    I emailed k.nordberg@comcast.net directly to find out information for you. I am also interested in finding that book, I will keep you posted. In waiting I will search the net for an online copy of the book that we could print off.

I searched for it and couldn't find the 2001 edition, it appears to be out of print. I was able to find the 1990 edition but amazon wanted $155 for it too?! Only other thing is the movies he has made on bear baiting.

Thanks guys, I have looked all over, and I just keep finding people talking about how great the book is! If I have anything turn up I will keep you guys informed as well.

I wrote the publishing company and got K. Nordberg (The Author) to respond to me. His email reads:

Dear Tyson,

My first bear book was published in 1989. My revised edition was published by Bear Hunting Magazine in 2001. Now being 75 byears of age, I am reluctant to invest (up front) in another edition. However, my son John and I just finished creating a trophy black bear hunting instruction DVD, most of the footage taken from my last two Buck and Bear Hunting Schools in northern Minnesota. For more information, including how to order, go to my web site: www.drnordbergondeerhunting.com. Thanks, Doc

So it looks like the only place to get his information at this time unless they start to show up online is here on his DVDs.

Keep us posted though if you get any more info.

Thanks,
    Tyson

I have ordered the DVD I will let you guys know how it is

Quote Originally Posted by headicide View Post
    I have ordered the DVD I will let you guys know how it is
    Thanks that would be really helpful!

is this a blue book I just loaned it out to a friend who should be back next week

Default that's the best bear book

ironically, it's better than his whitetail books.

Good movie, Low budget but very informative for Bear Baiting would recommend, still hoping to find the book

....I have this book....

....you are welcome to borrow it, send me a pm with how to get it to you-

Looks like we have a winner!!

Another good book, although not so much about baiting, is "the education of a bear hunter". It's a biography but he goes into the art/sciences of bear hunting in depth and covers bear habits, rather intensely. If you pay attention. Everything in the book takes place on the coast of washington so it's going to have some terrain/brush similarities with where you guys are hunting. Although, not identical. It's written by Ralph Flowers and is a good read, even if you were to not find it informative.

The out of print Nordberg book is currently $75 + S/H on Amazon and I've seen it fetch more than $200 online. Dr. Nordberg planned to release an updated version as an eBook, but so far hasn't. I suspect this is because his 2 part DVD video available through his website and eBay is still selling well. I own his DVD set and would suggest it as a gift for the first time baiter or anyone wanting to brush-up on bear baiting techniques. The book Bearkiller referenced above is also a good source of information but as he says it's not so much about baiting. I have a used copy if anyone's interested. If you don't have it, you can buy it here and support the forums.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.