Thread: Tuesday's Report

Default Tuesday's Report

Another slow day in the marsh. 1 gwt in the decoys at shoot time, a miss shortly after, 1 widgeon over the dekes, and then I had to resort to jumpshooting. There just aren't many ducks in the area or any pressure or weather to move the ones that are here. The dog and I ended with 3 widgeon, 2 gwt's, and a ruddy for the sausage bag. It was another beautiful day in the marsh which beats any day at work. All I saw or heard in the area were widgeon and teal. I guess the surviing mallards have moved on for now.

congrats, we went out and hit 2 a teal and a blue bill, saw quite a few birds, check potters marsh it was loaded with mallards today and i even seen some green heads yup green heads. also saw quite a few pinnies and widgeon in there also.
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Default a Ruddy

Just where are you hunting? Got any pictures? That would be rare. Not that it couldn't happen I'v shot bluewing teal and saw a Great blue heron the other day. I'v Heard of ruddys in the interior. Any color to it?

No pics of the ruddy or the other ducks yesterday.. It was a large open water pond less than an hour from Anchorage . If were only ruddys I'd give up the location. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Birdstrike View Post
    It was a large open water pond less than an hour from Anchorage. lol
    Yeah but you drive really fast so it could be really far away.