Thread: any mathews dealers

Default any mathews dealers

well i got my first moose with a bow this year and now im lookin for a new bow somthing faster so i was looking at the monster xlr8 and was wondering what the norm price is up here the only shop near me is not a mathews dealer i have herd 670-1400 just curios if you guys have any idea, thanks scott

Quote Originally Posted by akscotty View Post
    well i got my first moose with a bow this year and now im lookin for a new bow somthing faster so i was looking at the monster xlr8 and was wondering what the norm price is up here the only shop near me is not a mathews dealer i have herd 670-1400 just curios if you guys have any idea, thanks scott

Right now the only Pro Shop that i know of who sell,s Mathews is Bill Cypher Of Back Country Archery .Send me a Pm if you want his number.Bear Paw Located in Wasilla Use to sell them but he is now Strictly Hoyt.
    Hoyt Katera XL toughest Bow Going

Default Bill will

Bill will hook you up - good guy too.

Kings Nock in Fairbanks deals Mathews and Hoyt.

I just sold my Hoyt to try a Mathews for awhile. I ended up with the Drenalin, although I did shoot the new Monsters and Reezens. There was no comparison to the way the Dren felt compared to the speed bows. It was more forgiving and just felt much nicer in the valley and against the wall. I sacrificed a few feet per second for more comfort but I'm glad I did.

thanks guys ill check out king nocks i didnt think he sold mathew

Default Doesn't matter...

Doesn't really matter if King's Nock sells Walmart (I mean Matthew's) bows anyways. You should be shooting a Hoyt!!!
    Dan

"May the gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds!" Menalaus -Troy

Quote Originally Posted by akscotty View Post
    im lookin for a new bow somthing faster
    Have you checked out the bowtechs? I shoot an 82nd and i think its a great bow. I shot a couple mathews and hoyts and settled on the Bowtech. Might want to shoot a couple different things and see what you like the best before settling on something.

i currently shoot a hoyt alphamax 32 but its just not that comfortable to me my buddys monster just clicked with me dont know much about the bowtechs though id like 70-80lbs and 29.5 draw

screaming eagle in wasilla is a matthews dealer, plus they have demos you can shoot

Still very hard to find something I like better than the DXT.

scotty I didnt see your location, but Screamin' Eagle in Wasilla carries Mathews, in fact they have a decked out Monster demo bow. I toyed with it yesterday and was quite surprised. I haven't touched a bow in over 15 years but managed to group a dozen arrows at 8" with it.

Nice bunch of guys over there as well. I'm a mile from them so they are an easy choice for me.

So far my hold back as far as choice comes from brace height, the monster/XLR8 comes in at 5-6". They "say" that you will yield better results starting out from a BH of 7, it is a much more forgiving build. I might as well be a new shooter, thing shave changed drastically over the last 15 years except the overall concept.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I was looking for a new bow this Spring. I started out wanting the fastest bow I could get, figured it would give me an edge. I really wanted the Mathews Reezen, but after shooting different bows I bought the BowTech Admiral. Not the fastest bow, but it just felt right. I never gave the Admiral a thought until I shot it. I was only shooting it to say I had and for a little comparison. Don't get to hung up on speed. Go for the bow that feels the best in your hand and is the smoothest shooting. All the new bows are plenty fast and accuracy is worth more than speed.

Something to think about regarding speed...and I don't think this is off topic because he is looking for a new bow...but in Alaska IMO you just don't have to worry "too" much about animals jumping the string like white tail and other animals in the 48. Moose, bou, bears...they just don't exactly hit their bellies on the ground crouching at the sound of a twang. Does it happen, sure, I'm not saying it doesn't. But when it comes down to 10-20 fps versus something that feels really nice but is still fast and forgiving it's something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by AK145 View Post
    Something to think about regarding speed...and I don't think this is off topic because he is looking for a new bow...but in Alaska IMO you just don't have to worry "too" much about animals jumping the string like white tail and other animals in the 48. Moose, bou, bears...they just don't exactly hit their bellies on the ground crouching at the sound of a twang. Does it happen, sure, I'm not saying it doesn't. But when it comes down to 10-20 fps versus something that feels really nice but is still fast and forgiving it's something to think about.

Not Off topic at all .Not a really big speed freak my self.My Katera XL is more the fast enough for me .But at the same time " It,s real smooth and for giving" And put,s the shots in the center .Not saying any thing bad or other wise wean it comes to ultra fast bows.I just don ,t have much use for some thing like the Monster .Or The Omen
    Hoyt Katera XL toughest Bow Going