Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Father and Daughter Moose Hunt

Default Father and Daughter Moose Hunt

I took my daughter with me moose hunting this year. We found this guy and tried to sneak up but he took off. He was way too far for her to shoot so she told me to take the shot. I will spare giving any more details as I have noticed some folks like to sharpshoot the hunt narrative and turn the story into a Perry Mason case. I'll just say we had an awesome time and she can't wait to go again. She learned more in that week about the world around her than she ever would have in school.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Awesome

It was quality time spent with your daughter and you both will treasure this outdoor experience forever. Great job!

Next time...teach her how to stalk and move in closer. Obviously no one has any idea on these circumstances, but we should provide them with the full experience.

Again Congrats get that picture framed
    DH

That picture will mean more to you in the future than those horns ever will- cherish it... way to go.

Congratulations on a great trip.

I'm happy I couldn't go with you now! Things work out the way they're supposed to.

Looks like Nome area.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

That is Super Awesome!!! What a monster bull that is!
    Congratulations to you both!
    How big was he?

Thanks hodge.....the guy I did take with us will NOT ride an ATV in there again. He could barely hold his binoculars up the next day. Marten, nope, an area 13 moose. Preed, just under 62 inches; thanks!

Smile Congrats

Congrats! Way to share the outdoors with your daughter!! (Dont worry, no one would dare stoop so low as to pick apart a hunt you shared with your kids. Right guys?)
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Default Awesome

Congrats to you and your daughter! That is a great photo!

Its great hunt and time for sure for the both of you.What a fine big moose.Also a Texas heart shot takes out everything a head on shot does with the right bullet

My kids are 4 and 5 1/2 years old.I can't wait for the day when they can hunt great job.

From a teacher...thank you so much for taking your daughter along on an experience like that. You're right - kids learn way more afield than they could possibly learn in a classroom. I love it when kids tell me that they're going hunting. Just within the last week I've had three different kids bring me moose hearts to dissect.

Congratulations!

way cool,congrats
    I ♥ Big Sheep

Wow, what a great trip and a perfect ending!

The smiles say it all ! Well done and congratulations !

Always a good trip when the kids can join.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Congratulations on the great time with your daughter! Isn't it great? Daughters were often neglected in hunts but that is changing. My daughter has gone with me on caribou and you are completely right, she learns more on the hunt then in the days she misses school. That picture will be treasured forever.

Thumbs up

That photo is priceless, the memories made from that hunt will last long after the meat is gone! Congrats to both of you on bagging a dandy bull!!

Great Job DAD! All that needs said

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    From a teacher...thank you so much for taking your daughter along on an experience like that. You're right - kids learn way more afield than they could possibly learn in a classroom. I love it when kids tell me that they're going hunting. Just within the last week I've had three different kids bring me moose hearts to dissect.

Congratulations!
    Brian, I wished I were on here more often and knew you were a teacher. I would have gladly saved the heart for you. I do have a sealed bear skull in the freezer and you are welcome to it if you want to have them dissect it. That might be a cool project to get some of those flesh eating beetles. I will also put the word out here to my buddies to grab whatever you want for the classroom. I also know a couple of trappers that would happily pass along skinned carcasses for your lab. Just sya the word. I support our educational system, but hate it when teachers put their personal politics into what should be teaching the facts and letting young minds form their own opinions. I told my wife not to tell the school why my daughter was absent; several of her teachers are bleeding heart Green Peacers. My son took basic biology in high school and was told to write a paper on the ethics of cloning. ????

Way to go Dad! That is awesome. Congrats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast