Thread: Charter Arms?

Default Charter Arms?

Anyone have any experience with Charter Arms revolvers. I am looking at getting one for my wife.... just curious.

Low quality

They have been under many owners with the same result,out of business because of quaility.Taurus price with RG performance

Default Charter

Quote Originally Posted by AK1032 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with Charter Arms revolvers. I am looking at getting one for my wife.... just curious.
    I have a had a few. Some were garbage, some were merely mediocre. I still have a older 44 SW, ok for what it is. Do not shoot it much.

Buy something else. S&W or Ruger

I've owned a couple of the Bulldog 44's over the years. Never put so much as a "warm" load through either of them. Just low pressure standard velocity rounds.

The first shot loose after around 5,000 rounds. Marginal, but not too bad considering the good deal I got on it used.

Bought the second one brand new as a replacement. It was too loose to shoot safely after roughly 1000 rounds fired. Sour taste in my mouth and never bought another CA product.

Like the previous posts have said, not really worth your money. Check the S&W's, they'll last a lifetime and have an equivalent warranty that you'll probably never have to use. Save your pennies and buy the best, there's no substitute for quality. Good luck! (GUNBUGS) P.S. Sounds like a good trade, you get a C.A. & get rid of the wife.