Thread: DM410 Moose

Default DM410 Moose

My son and I found this cow eating browse in a popular spot where people go to shoot their guns near the Knik River area. I could not believe she was out there. There were make shift targets and plenty of spent rifle, pistol and shotgun cases everywhere. He ended up harvesting her w/ his 7mm-08 using a 120 gr Barnes TTSX. He shot it at a quartering forward angle and the Barnes TTSX went completely through. She ran just inside the woodline and we were able to drive almost right to her.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default congrats

to you and your son. I'll bet the grinning on the other side of the camera is bigger than behind the moose....

Can't wait to take the grandson for his... not yet 1 year old, so I've got a bit of a wait.

Keep doing this as long as you can, cuz as the song says.... you're gonna miss this..

Mike

Congrats nice big cow.

Smile nice

Wow, congrats to the big man who can now feed the family. Unfortunately, he may be sorry to learn that also means he is now old enough to do the dishes!!!!
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Perfect! Man, it looks like you're having a great season! Congratulations.

Good stuff, glad your boy could connect. Congrats!

Default Congrats! To your son

It is good to see your son knows how to shoot a rifle and not get scope eyed like his Dad. I drew that tag a few years back and killed a cow in the same area. Sure makes it nice for getting the meat out. I even brought the whole hide out from my cow and a friend got it tanned. It makes for a good conversation piece.

Default Scope eyed....

I am glad to see that he learned something from my stupidity

I am leaving on the 19th for the Innoko River for my moose hunt. I hope I learned something too.

THEN, my other son drew DM 799 and will be there on 01 Oct.

If I am lucky enough to harvest a moose, I am giving it to a family in Chugiak.