Thread: FN Parts Needed

Default FN Parts Needed

I am looking for a floor plate/tigger guard for a rifled action that I have. It is from a 1965 Browning High Power FN .338. The gentleman that sold me this was completly retireing and moving to the lower 48 after a stroke a couple of years ago. This rifle will never be sold first off. Aggreement I have with him. He took a fall in 67 and the rifle got really banged up. But him being quite the gunsmith in his own right along with a surgen. The stock was broken, removed, original barrel gone. So he stipped down and put a #3 XX Douglas barrel on it and plugged the barrel. It was in his safe the whole time. Now I have and it needs a new floor plate as I have not been able to find ANY where the parts for the floor plate catch. So the next best thing is to find a new trigger guard/floor plate. Any one know a place to go locally to a gun smith or find on line let me know. I see Midway has some but do't have the 400.00 bucks for a new in white trigger guard. Am also going to do a BC stock. Or any other suggestions. Posible a good laminated and bedded. Any comments on this will be welcome. Or if any gunsmith on here wants to talk about doing some work for me let me know. As will want to have the head space checked just to be sure but an sure its ok. Also needs trigger work done. As the original tigger was broke off in the fall. I did find a Timmey trigger at gun show that I picked up. Or could go with something else. Also want to have a new spring installed just to insure good fireing. Also need a stock for a older Husqavana in 6mm rem that needs a stock that I also got at the same time. Like to keep that one light for sheep.

Thanks

Default Browning trigger guard assembly

I believe a standard large ring 98 mauser trigger guard assembly will fit the Browning. You can go as cheap or expensive as you want on these - just make certain that the guard screw spacing is correct. Take it up to the gunshow in Palmer next month and carry it around and see what you can find. Even if you don't find one for sale you want you should be able to confirm that a military or commerical equivalent guard will work.

Another option is to get an '03 Springfield milled guard modified to fit the Browning - the the 03 guard is one of the nicest ones ever put on a military rifle.

Also try the gunsmith in Eagle River - he had some commerical actions for sale. He sold a friend a receiver and bolt off a Browning - he may have the trigger guard assembly left.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Who would that gunsmith be in ER.. what is his number..

thanks

Still stiking out on the trigger guard. So need to go into WW Guns and see maye having them machine a floor plate latch... lost a bid an a trigger guard on Ebay over the weekend from that rifle in perfict condition.. RATS>>>>> another thought is did look at a Remington 789. Where can I find a place that could give me a price on new triiger guard for a 789 from Remington. The action is the same and has a well machined look to it. Did the google thing last night for a couple of hours and nothing. Lots of other stuff out ther but not what I want to put on a gun that will be custom when all said and done. Or the same that is going for 500 bucks +...

Default Another Strike

Sorry to disappoint you but I called Remington the other day to get a 798 bottom metal to repair a rifle, and they informed me that they do not sell these. Heck of a deal when a Remington armorer working at a Remington service center cant even get this part.

I heard that too. But do have great new bit of info. I was able to find a trigger guard on Auction Arms in excellent!!!!! condition from a old Browning Safari FN action. Same as mine. I won the bid and got it for a very resonable price. Well the next steps will be to put a new trigger on. Found a Timney Deluxe for a FN at a guarge sale a couple of years ago for all of 5 bucks never used new!!! Need to start thinking of a stock for the action. It has a nice Douglas XX in a #3 contour. This is a .338. Any thoughts on a stock. Want this to be a bit more than a off the shelf rifle. And then after that will be needing some gunsmith work to the action and make sure all is good. And then next year go find a moosie, bear, bou, for it.

Try these folks. They have Mauser parts.

http://www.marstar.ca/main/rifles.shtm
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?