Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Foxpro?

Default Which Foxpro?

My buddy wants a game caller and money is no option. I told him I'd do some checking in case the top-o-the-line model offered useless (at least to him) options that might not get used.

What model would best suit his needs? He's looking for a wireless caller with a good range with built in sounds for coyote, wolf, fox, cats, pretty much anything that'll come to a call.

He likes the AA battery thing since they can be found anywhere and you can just take spares with you in the field, not relying on forgetting to charge the unit the night before, but if the rechargeables are better, let me know.

I know a few of you have 'em on here....pros/cons of each?

Default FoxPro

hunt_ak,
    I have used almost all of the e-callers around and will tell you that the FoxPro CS24 model is the way to go up here. It's based on an aluminum horn speaker and will hold up to our -40 weather. You can load your own sounds, great remote with long range. If you want PM me or have your buddy PM me and we can talk callers some more. If you're around Fairbanks, you can meet me and I can show you some of my callers and you can listen to them and test them out.

Default I've heard...

I've heard that the new Fury is pretty nice. I don't have one, but have used lots of other e-callers and mouth calls. A budy got a Fox-pro (have no clue what kind) and it is by far worth the extra money.

Again, I don't know specifics, but I've heard REALLY good things about the "Fury", or at least I think that is what it is called.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Default Caller Info

The FoxPro CS24, is basically a FURY inside an all metal speaker. It has a couple less features (FoxFade, Sequence), but not really a big hinderance in my opinion. It uses the same long range remote with LCD screen or numeric keypad and you can run it on AA's, 12 volt SLA, Li-Ion batteries. Here's some more info:

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/foxpro_cs24.htm

Default Which Foxpro

A lot of good info here! I am currently evaluating the Foxpro FX-3. Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanx/Joseph

Default Fury

Can't say enough about the Fury easy to use, mega sound quality, lots of sounds, remote works great out to 150+ yards plus it is easy to see in the dark.

100% satisfied

So the CS24 vs. the Fury.

So I gather they are pretty much the same thing in a different package? Pros/Cons of both?

I second...or third....the Fury. The most frustrating part was trying to figure out what sounds we wanted on it.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    I second...or third....the Fury.
    Huntress, you have sealed the deal...the Fury it is!!

Good to have friends who can pony up the cabbage for things like this and then just 'tag along' and check 'em out!!

Hunt your welcome to come out, we'll try it out on the dogs...lol........Kidding! But your welcome to check it out and get one in your hands before you buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Huntress, you have sealed the deal...the Fury it is!!

Good to have friends who can pony up the cabbage for things like this and then just 'tag along' and check 'em out!!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default Either

You'll be happy with the Fury, it's a great caller with a ton of features. For me and my calling style, the CS24 will be the caller to have. I'll hunt down to -40 and need something that'll safely ride on the snowmachine. Let us know how you like your Fury.

Fury on the way....425 to the door, new in box. Gotta love ebay...

Default FX3

I'm big into calling down on the Kenai. I bought an FX3 severral years ago and never really enjoyed using it. I'm back to using my mouth calls and the FX3 sits on the shelf gathering dust. So........If you're looking for an FX3, I'd be willing to make you a deal.

What's not to enjoy? I enjoy critters coming into range and not looking right at me.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Fury on the way....425 to the door, new in box. Gotta love ebay...

Hey HUNT?

would your BUDDY that is looking for thefox pro...... name be...

Hunt_AK?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Vince, unfortunately no...just found him a killer deal...right place at the right time!!

Default Camo pattern??

Which camo pattern would you buy. I am kind of partial to the 'Snow camo" but also like the "Mossy Oak Brush". Any comments?? This is the FX3 model.

Thanx/joseph

Default homeradam

PM sent.sorry didnt want to hijack thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaJoe View Post
    Which camo pattern would you buy. I am kind of partial to the 'Snow camo" but also like the "Mossy Oak Brush". Any comments?? This is the FX3 model.

Thanx/joseph
    I'd spray paint anything I had pure white, just like my rifle.

I have a snow camo FX3. That bugger is tough to find in a snow storm or in low light, wish I went with a darker camo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast