Thread: His and hers...

Default His and hers...

Got bored so the wife and I wondered into the local gun store. The plan was to see if they had a Caldwell lead sled in stock to take the sting out of the range work. Well on that front we struck out but of course we ended up taking a look through the glass case at all the pretty polished toys. Well there just happened to be a pretty little stainless Kimber Ultra Carry II 45 which fit my wifes hand like it was built for her. There also happened to be an EAA Witness 10mm that had a good feel and would surely be more likely to be on my hip than the redhawk which has spent 10x more fishing trips under the seat of my truck than at the waters edge. The Witness also hit a price point that will keep me from cringing as I toss it in the corner of a damp tent on a remote river side. Being the softies that we are we couldn't leave them sitting there in that cold display case so we had to give them a new home.

The great news it that the little Ultra carry is a blast to shoot! My wife had the BIGGEST smile on her face as she mowed through most of a 50 round box. She was nice enough to let me put about 15 rounds through it and I was drilling spent shot-shells at 25' right out of the box. They also tossed in a set of tritium sites which I havn't installed yet but will be shortly.

The not so great news... Apparently 10mm ammo is nearly impossible to find so all I got to do was sit back and admire mine.

If anyone knows where to find a few boxes of 10mm near Anchorage I would be grateful!! I will eventually order some double tap hard casts but for now I am just looking for a solid cheap plinking round