Thread: Petersville 16A/B - Any Moose Updates?

Default Petersville 16A/B - Any Moose Updates?

Well...like many this year, my plans changed faster than I could keep up with them. At this point my only option for a moose hunt is this next weekend...leave work early on Thurs and be back by the time work starts Monday morning.

Based on time of year, fires, lack of boat, etc...it's looking like the Argo and I are heading towards Petersville. Anyone have any updates on the area? I haven't been there in 8 or 9 years

It's a little closer to home than I like to hunt, but it's about the best I can come up with for this weekend...

Thanks for any insight anyone wants to share.

I have asked a couple of times for reports on this years hunt in 16B and have not heard a word, so I am guessing that no one is hunting that area

*WE* did our first hunt out there this past Saturday morning - was only able to get in one hunt, and although we didn't get anything we did have one bull grunting at us and seen enough sign to keep you encouraged. We plan to go back out this weekend and hunt until it closes Sunday evening.

I plan on heading down the big su to that area also. leave Friday and return on Sunday

Decent moose population in that area and as you probably know plenty of hunters.........Work around the areas hunters are concentrated in and you should have a reasonable opportunity at a legal bull. A reliable source told me to head to the foothills keep your eye's in the glass and keep your moose calling to a minimum-should boost your odds in that area.

Good Luck

I been hearing of people seeing some moose there lately, but last time I tried hunting there a few years back and had no luck. Good luck out there. Not to hijack but has anyone seen many grizzlies back in the hills out there lately? I have seen many bears out there about this time of the year but was wondering if it is still the same. I was thinking of headin out there this weekend to try get a grizzly or a black bear. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly1 View Post
    Decent moose population in that area and as you probably know plenty of hunters.........Work around the areas hunters are concentrated in and you should have a reasonable opportunity at a legal bull. A reliable source told me to head to the foothills keep your eye's in the glass and keep your moose calling to a minimum-should boost your odds in that area.

Good Luck
    I hear ya...sort of my standard...let "them" push the moose to ME