Thread: weather at hidden lake(KP) this time of year?

Default weather at hidden lake(KP) this time of year?

can anyone give me ideas on what the weather, namely the wind, likes to do on hidden lake on the kenai this time of year? wanting to take my 14 foot semi v lake boat out there for the last weekend of september or first weekend of october, camp on the one of the islands....also any tips on fishing the lakers there that time of year? thanks in advance

Default Generally windy during the late morning to evening.

However, it is also usually calm in the mornings.
    There are days when it is mostly calm as well, with a few gusts here and there, but unlike other large lakes on the peninsula, there are places you can duck in and wait it out in relative comfort. Be forwarned! When it gets windy there, it can get REALLY windy. If you don't believe me, take a look at all the downed timber on Explorer Island.

Default hidden lake

was out there saturday and it was flat calm a little rain here and there but would have been a great day on the water. Watched a guy slam into a rock at full throttle on the upper skilak about 100 yards from shore, screwed up his lower unit but he made it back to the launch in reverse.

ive seen the wind blow there.....i think itll be tolerable enough next weekend so we gonna try it anyway...