Thread: Oil stove problem

Default Oil stove problem

I am getting oil from the tank to the stove, but the carb. will not fill as it's running. Other than the filter (which appears to be clean) does anyone have an idea on what could be clogged? I'm headed up Monday or Tuesday to take another look, but just wanted some other advice. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I am getting oil from the tank to the stove, but the carb. will not fill as it's running. Other than the filter (which appears to be clean) does anyone have an idea on what could be clogged? I'm headed up Monday or Tuesday to take another look, but just wanted some other advice. Thanks

Is there not a Float....in there.....? I seem to remember those getting stuck or not floating. Or you may have a air lock. I would call REE in South Los Anchorage 1-800-770-7330.

There is a float, and it appears to move easily enough. The air-lock idea is a good one. Do I just take the line off from the carb. to ensure fuel flow, then hook back up?

Default Is it a Toyostove or a Monitor?

if it's a monitor, then your fuel needs to be immaculently clean, any little bit of debris can set that off & cause you headaches like nothing else will, one reason why I will go nat. gas from now on...

There is a float, and it appears to move easily enough. The air-lock idea is a good one. Do I just take the line off from the carb. to ensure fuel flow, then hook back up?
    Did you change the filter......? when you do that you either have to bleed the air out the top of the reservoir, or you will have to run a amount equal to the line and reservoir volume in through the line to get the air out. Just run a gallon through the line and reconnect.

What kind of stove? New installation or newly developed problem?

My first thoughts? It probably isn't a fuel intake problem. If it is? Not enough fuel pressure. The safety shut-off (the bent tab on the carb) may be partially closed. The flow adjustments may be improperly set. A non-electric thermostat may be improperly installed or adjusted. In 20 years of oil stoves the only thing I've cared about was oil flow. It never occurred to me to check the flow valve other than to adjust flow. Did you read your manual?