Thread: Where to fish mid-September for silver salmon?

Default Where to fish mid-September for silver salmon?

Hi. I'm looking to catch some silver salmon this week. Any advice on the best place to go? I'm thinking soldotna, coopers landing, or Seward right now. Thanks!

In theory this should be the peak week for the silvers returning to Whittier. Not sure if they are there or not, though.

Default Silvers

Quote Originally Posted by Mikej22 View Post
    Hi. I'm looking to catch some silver salmon this week. Any advice on the best place to go? I'm thinking soldotna, coopers landing, or Seward right now. Thanks!
    The late run of silvers to the Kenai River is under way. Fishing has been good the last few days and this next week should be a good time to try your luck. If you have a boat, launch at the Pillars and fish from there down to Eagle Rock or around Beaver Creek. If you are bank fishing try Centennial just below the Soldotna Bridge or Cunningham on incoming tide.

We were on the Kenai the last two days. Fishing was sorta slow but steady.....we had a few fish in the boat and saw quite a few others catching......but ya had to put in the time to get any action.

Default Whitter Silver's

Not sure whats up in Whittier they are here but it's like the person said about the fishing, you got to put in the time. The schools are small but the fish are large, you may or may not fill your freezer it depends on your patience and time spent. Happy Boating, Good Luck!

Default Kenai Silvers

We did well on the Kenai. Check out The Last frontiersman Dan McDowell. Slayed the Silvers and Bows with him. 907-232-8057